29: part 2

After a few passed drinks and stories, they all had grown somewhat familiar with each other. They had learned that the two; El and Allie, had grown up, met, and married in a small settlement in the outskirts of goodneighbor, arriving here for a sort of honeymoon. They were quite cute together in Phoenix's opinion. Before they had arrived, it seemed that a disgusting raider attempted to seduce Allie. And to no one's surprise, it didn't slide well with El. And it ended them here.
"Go fish!" Allie chimed as she smiled and rearranged her hand of cards. Phoenix sighed and grabbed another from the pile, clearly dissatisfied with her pick. The establishment had closed a few hours prior, and since Phoenix had to close and clean, they all decided to stick around. She had found a few deck of cards behind the counter, and while the others gambled to their heart's content, her and Allie decided to play it safe with a few rounds of Go Fish. Allie seemed to know somewhat about sign language, so they instantly began talking.
"And I win again. Sorry Phoenix, good game though!" She held out a hand, which Phoenix reluctantly shook, pouting. Allie only laughed and moved closer to her spouse, watching over her shoulder as she laid down her hand, sliding it across the table.
"Full house. Now pass over the goods." El snickered as the others groaned, pushing a few hundred caps in her direction.
"You two really know what you're doing." Nick grumbled as he stood, tossing his cards into the center and lighting a cigarette. The others soon followed, bickering and filing their way through the door. Allie helped Phoenix put the remaining cards away before following after. She followed after her spouse, leaving Phoenix to her thoughts for a few moments.
"Subject 3-13 identified. Sending coordinates now."
A automated voice echoed through the filled subway tunnel, lead by a luminous red light. She whipped around in a panic, backing towards the stairs as she watched past the debris, into the crumbling tunnel. A small drone zipped into the room, a grid of light scanning over her and zooming towards the door. Loud clanking was followed down the tunnel, but by the time she came to the door, the drone had secured itself over the handle. Peeking back down the stairs, half a dozen poorly constructed synths barreled towards her, laser pistols glowing in hand. Pounding on the door, she made her best efforts to get the other's attention before they began firing. It took a moment for Nate's face to fill the small window, it quickly being replaced by panic as she faintly heard him yell for the others. She yanked on the drone, securing her feet on the wall, but to no prevail. A few sizzles and static filled the room as the synths formed a line, firing in synchronization. She quickly ducked, one of the lasers bouncing off the glass, reducing it to slivers as it exploded out onto the street. To her relief, bullets came firing back in retaliation twice as fast. Kneeling, she covered her head and punched at the drone. Seeing as it did nothing, she reached for a wrench lodged in the side of the Nuka Cola machine. A few strong swings and she kicked open the door, diving out and throwing the wrench back, managing to take out a synth in the process.
Maccready slid next to her, consistently firing through the narrow doorway. "How the hell did they get in there without anyone noticing?!" She shrugged as a patrolman tossed her a pipe pistol. By the time she loaded it, the synths laid on the ground in a perfect row, twitching and sparking.
"We can't stop just yet. A neighboring settlement requested out assistance with a synth ambush. Hangman's Alley or something like that." Daisy ran into the town square, pointing towards the exit.
"That's our home!" El and Allie were immediately at the door, flinging it open and heading down the cracked streets. Hancock cocked his shotgun; "we aren't done yet."

Thank you all so much for waiting. Things have gotten better, so I'm HOPING to get more chapters out soon. Classes have started back up, along with a few sports. So I may be distracting with those. But thanks again for putting up with the waits, I greatly appreciate it!
Cya later!
~Phoenix