Chapter One

Faelen's POV - Tuesday Morning. Sept. 17

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. I heard the loud annoying beeping sound that disturbed my lovely dream. I swung my hand to smack the offensive thing and when I heard the cracking sound as it broke, I sleepily opened my eyes and groaned. "Not another one." I muttered as I rolled out of bed. I reached under my bed and pulled a long flat box out from under it and grabbed one of the alarm clocks out of it before sliding it back. After sweeping the broken alarm clock parts into the trash bin beside my bedside table, I placed the new alarm in it's place and made my way sleepily to the bathroom. Twenty minutes later, I was standing at my bathroom vanity blow drying my hair and brushing it out to keep it from tangling. Once my hair was dry and brushed out, I left me room and walked down the hall towards my sister's room. I could hear her alarm blaring and sighed. 

"Kenley!" I yelled as loud as I could after I walked into her room. She jumped and fell out of bed, drool covering her chin and her hair, though short, sticking up in every weird angle and knotted beyond help. I sighed and pulled her up to her feet as she blinked a few times before her eyes opened completely as she looked at me.

"What's that annoying beeping?" She asked as she scrubbed the back of her hand across her chin then wiping the drool on her tank. I rolled my eyes and sighed at her. Neither of us were morning people but I woke more gracefully than her, and to my alarm even if I did tend to destroy it while trying to turn it off. I walked around her bed and turned off her alarm, her eyes following my every move. "Oh, right, the alarm. We have school today." She said, more to herself than to me but I nodded anyways. Then here eyes widened in what most would call a comical way. "We're meeting those new pack people this morning!" She exclaimed before rushing into her bathroom to take her shower and get ready. Satisfied she was actually awake now, I made my way back to my bed room and picked out my outfit for the day. On most normal days, I would wear something more subtle and simple, every once in a while even wearing jeans instead of a skirt or dress. Today however, I was going to dress up a bit. You know what they say about first impressions. I also knew that, while my sister would dress nicely, she wouldn't be very ladylike in greeting them and was very likely to wear ripped jeans and some over sized t-shirt.

I walked over to my walk in closet, an understatement in size really since it was more like a small bedroom in size. As I flipped through the racks and shelves of clothing I thought about what the new pack might be like. I finally settled on a lovely pale blue patterned dress. I pulled a petticoat, or underskirt depending on who you asked, down to wear with it that would cause the skirt to seem fuller. The dress came down to mid-shin on me and if I spun, it would flare out in a circle and flutter. It was really cute and the top helped hide my flat chest. I did wear a padded bra, making it so I was only an AA cup which was just a size below my sister's A cup. Of course I had only started doing so this school year since we were now juniors in high school and most would find it a bit weird if there wasn't at least something there. After pulling the dress and underskirt on, tying the red ribbon into a perfect bow, I walked over to the shoe shelves and found a cute pair of black t-strap ballet flats. I found a pair of white pantyhose, still not sure why I wore the freaking things because they were annoying as hell, and pulled them on before strapping my shoes on. Once I was dressed, I checked my reflection in the full length mirror. Satisfied my outfit was perfect, I walked out of my closet and then out of my room.

I headed down stairs to eat before I brushed my teeth then had my sister do my hair and some light make-up. I could put on lip-gloss and the like by myself, that was pretty easy, but getting the rest of it to look natural and professional was not easy for me. I was trying to learn to do it myself of course but I still preferred to have Kenley do it and she loves to do it for me as well. As I entered the dining room, I noticed my sister already in there, chowing down on the waffles she had chosen to eat. I smiled and gave a small thank you to the servant that set a small bowl of maple and brown sugar oatmeal in front of me along with a glass of orange juice ad a slice of toast with butter. Did I mention I preferred to eat a little more healthily than my sister? Guess not. Her waffles were the ones with chocolate chips naked into them and she smothered them in syrup and even put powdered sugar on top. I don't know how she can eat that much sugar first thing in the morning.