Chapter Two

Faelen's POV - Tuesday Morning. Sept 17

As I waited outside the counseling office for the others to get their schedules, Ley, having run off to talk to one of our teacher real quick before classes, I couldn't help but think about that weird tingle that went though my hand when I grabbed his, that shot through my whole body when he picked me up. What was it?  Was I getting sick? I surely hoped not since my birthday was on Friday. I watched as students began to fill the halls, gathering up into their little cliques. The funny thing about it, every single clique loved my sister and I and not one of them tried to claim us for their clique. We belonged to all of them and none of them. Me more so than  my sister simply because I wasn't as open and outgoing as her.

"Fae!" I heard a girl yell out. I turned just in time for my best friend Sara to jump up and wrap her arms around my neck. I had a few friends, ones that got to see the real me , that got me to talk and act more like everyone else.

"Sara!" I squealed as I caught her, just barely, and swung around with her. She was about the same height as my sister and I but was a twig and thus weighed almost nothing, especially for my werewolf strength. As I let her go, about to start up a conversation with her, I felt two strong arms lift me up from behind and toss me up slightly, catching me with ease and turning me to face him. My other friend Jack. He was a dhampyr, half vampire and half human. His father and him had moved here about two years ago, making sure that my father knew they only wished to live somewhere in peace and my father had no problems with them. I fact Jack's dad and mine spent a lot of time hanging out together.

"Morning Fae." He said as he hugged me. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him back, both of us trying to outdo each others strength as we hugged each other. He was one of the only other people that knew I was actually a guy.

"Morning guys. How are you two? Jack, put me down already, you know it's embarrassing when you toss me around like a doll. Stupid giant." I joked. He laughed and lifted me t sit on his shoulder instead. He was six feet tall and reminded me of a body builder but more the moderate types the ones girls drool over but don't sit here thinking the dude is nothing but giants muscles.

"Not happening Fae. I'll keep you up here all day. How do you li-"

"She said to put her down. I suggest you do so and soon." I heard someone say. I glanced behind me to see an angry looking Callen with the other four standing behind him. They had apparently finished getting their schedules.

"Wow, relax wolf boy. She can get down easily. This is normal for us. And anyways, who the heck are you and your little posy? I mean really, you just got here so you have no right to tell me to put my friend down." Jack said as he turned around to confront Callen. Callen was a few inches taller so he had to look up a little meet his eyes.

"It's f-fine Callen. R-really." I said, losing my confidence a bit as I spoke to him. He was scaring me a little because I could see the gold specks growing to cover the emerald color, showing his wolf side. Before anyone could say or do anything else, there was a loud whistle that caused all of us wolves and Jack to cringe from the noise while Sara just looked over to the source. My sister.

"Alright everyone, calm you butts down. Jack, put her down. Callen, sit." Jack immediately set me down and Callen, though an alpha heir an thus only being able to be told what to do by an acting alpha, immediately sat. No, not on the floor. There were chairs sitting outside the counselor office, meant for students to sit and wait in until their turn to speak to the counselors. Of course, Callen didn't look too pleased by the command and the others looked frozen from the fact that their soon to be alpha had just listened to a command from a non-alpha wolf. My sister held her hand out to me and I ran over, taking it and ducking behind her and Sara, my normal position when I'm being protected. Yep you guessed it. I had my own personal guard with my sister as the leader.