Chapter Fourteen

Callen's POV - Sunday Evening. Sept. 22

Pregnant? My male mate was pregnant with my child? This was...confusing. I was glad and excited, my mate was carrying my child, but i was worried and scared because he was a he and he was currently in a coma. Had the attack harmed the baby? If so Ley probably healed it too, it should be fine right? I mean that's the only way she would know isn't it? I mean he didn't even smell the way a pregnant wolf would. He smelt different but it was only slightly, came with his coming of age and becoming a Crimson Moon wolf. I looked over at Ley to see if she was just joking. She wasn't.

"How do you know? How is he pregnant?" I asked and saw a glint in her eyes. "And no not how he became pregnant, I know that part." I said and she pouted, obviously upset that I'd deprived her of a chance to tease me.

"I'm not all that sure how he's pregnant, other than it might be the fact that his wolf spirit is female though I'm not fully sure. As to how I know..." She trailed off and glanced back down at her brother and brushed her hand against his. "When I had to heal him to keep him from dying, I noticed another life inside him, one that was in just as much danger as him. I had no idea what it was but was more worried about healing him than figuring it out that I just brushed it off. I healed it as well, relax your child is fine for now, but it wasn't until last night that I finally figured it out. Before the fight, he smelt different. He brushed it off as fear and stress. I didn't think anything of it because he was most likely right. I think he knew though, at least subconsciously." She informed me and I just stood there.

"I'm...I've got...I'll be back." I finally said and left the room. I was going to be a father. Maybe. What if Fae doesn't wake up in the next five months? Can the baby actually survive with him in a coma? And even if it does, it'd know his heartbeat but not his voice and not his touch when it's born. And how will it be born? I mean really? Would it come out of his ass or would they have to cut him open to get the baby out? I needed to talk to someone, anyone really, but someone that could at least help me sort out my thoughts. The first person I run into though if Fae's parents. They give me a small smile, the pity shining in their eyes and I hate it. I know they are just as sad as I am, he is their son, but they look at me like I'm the only one who lost something.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask them. They both nod.

"Of course. We're here for you." I give a small nod towards their office in the library and they lead the way in and take a seat at the table I'd sat at not so long ago, where they found out I was Fae's mate. Fitting to tell them I knocked their son up...that sounds just so odd, even for creatures of the supernatural world.

"Ley told me something about Fae a short while ago. A few minutes before I ran into you guys actually. Fae's pregnant and his wolf spirit is female." I watched them stare blankly at me for a few seconds before his other reached out to feel my head.

"You don't have a fever. Have you been sleeping enough Callen? I think you should go to bed early tonight, especially since you have school tomorrow." She said and he just nodded in agreement with his wife. I sighed, knowing it wouldn't be that easy. I barely believed it myself.

"I'm not sick or sleep deprived, you know that. Fae would strangle me if I was letting my own health deteriorate because I refused to leave his side." I said and she looked skeptical. She gave me that look all mothers have, the one that says she knows best and she should be listened to. My mother always managed to add in and or else in her look that Fae's didn't. "Really. I promise i'm taking care of myself and I'm not delirious or whatever. Fae is pregnant. When Ley had to heal him, she had to heal the baby too. I would have lost my mate and child if Ley couldn't heal them and she said he smelt different. I can't smell anything but I trust her and you should too." I said and gave them a look I hoped conveyed how serious I was. What I was not expecting was for her to squeal, and neither had he. We covered our ears and glared at her. She just shot us an apologetic smile before talking a mile a minute. You know the way women do and I'm not even sure other women can hear what they are saying clearly and there was no way I could.