Chapter Seven

Callen's POV - Wednesday Night. Sept. 18

Five hours. That's how long my mate had been gone and I had no idea where he went. I had followed him, right on his heels for the most part as soon as he bolted out the door and through the backyard. I didn't have the notion to try and remove my clothes as I ran like him but he still was faster and the moment he hit the forest line, he was gone. I'd shredded my clothes as I shifted to follow him but after a minute or two of chasing, I'd lost him. He'd changed direction then ran through a rosemary and lavender bushes to hide his scent. I even tried tracking that but with the other scents around, it was hopeless without his distinct scent to follow. Everyone else had gone out to search to woods and now i was maybe three miles away fromthe main road and heard a howl and a chain reaction before they were cut off and Avery's voice echoed in my head telling me the only thing I needed to know. My mate was safe and back.

"......-ta of the Silver Moon pack. We need to get out of the forest now and keep everyone in their human forms." I heard Fae speak as I got closer. I thanked the goddess for my enhance hearing so I could be reassured even before i was within reach of my mate. "Call your pack to our house and do it fast. Everyone needs to hear what Gavin saw and know they can't shift." I froze where I was, a few feet away and still out of his sight. Human forms and no shifting usually meant one thing...hunters. I shifted and ran the rest of the way as my father spoke, his command to go to their mansion echoing in my head.

"Done, now let's get you home and find some clothes for Gavin." I yanked him back into my chest and began placing kisses down his neck towards his collarbone. There was a chuckle not far off and I spared the person a quick glance, just long enough to know he was a stranger, followed Kenley's giggling as they all headed into the property. We were now the only ones left out here and I quickly lifted him up bridal style and clutched him close to my chest before we headed into the gate. Neither of us said anything as I nuzzled his cheek against the top of his head, enjoying the special scent of my mate. I felt him trembling slightly and grew more worried for him, clutching him tighter to my chest.

When we finally made it in, I felt someone throw a blanket around my shoulders and looked over to see Fae's mother smiling at me. She gestured towards the stairs and I took that as my cue to take Fae to his room for him to dress. I was stopped just before i climbed the stairs and handed clothes, realizing they wre mine, and looked over to see both my sisters smiling before they ran off. Being daughters of the alpha they were fast themselves and had probably shifted and run here, most likely carrying their clothes in their mouths and changing before walking to the house maybe a few feet away from the main gate. If my father didn't yell at them then I wasn't going to say anything.

"You know I can walk myself." I heard Fae say as I reached the hall at the top f the stairs and headed for the room that was saturated in my mate's smell.

"I know." I said simply, holding him to me as I entered the room and shut the doors behind us. I finally set him down in the middle of his room and he clutched the blanket tighter around himself, his cheeks lighting up with that lovely blush as he looked at me. The blanket was not hiding anything and I'm not the least bit ashamed to say that I was standng at full attention after carrying my mate in my arms.

"I'm just...going to c-change. In my closet. With the doors shut." He muttered before running to one of the doors and shutting it behind him. I chuckled and dropped the blanket from my shoulders and headed for the other door, which I'm assuming to be a bathroom, in hopes of taking a quick cold shower, my clothes in hand. I was relieved to see my assumption was right. I placed my clothes down on the counter then walked over to the shower. I turned on the shower, turning it as cold as I could, then got in and immedietly shivered at the temp and jumped out of the showers range. I took a deep breath and plunged back under the cold spray. I stood under it until I thought I was going to freeze then turned the temp to a decent and wamr temp to rinse of and warm up before climbing out. I took a towel from the rack and dried off before dressing and walking out. Fae was still in the closet appaerntly so i sat on his bed and waited. Five minutes later I heard the door open and his head popped out, looking around until he spotted me.