Chapter Twelve

Fae's POV - Friday Afternoon. Sept. 20. 3:40

Three minutes. That's all I had to wait now until I was officially seventeen. Kenley had just hit her time and other than her bond with Cameron feeling stronger, she said she was feeling any different. Everyone, which consisted of our small group and parents, was waiting patiently for the clock to change to my time of birth. Jonathon said that it was very likely nothing would happen until we were both seventeen, if anything happened at all. I was still in denial that we could be what he thought we were but there was only one way to find out. We talked about nonsense thing. Avery had left Sam in their room here at our place all day while we were at school and that was where he currently was simply because we still weren't sure how well we could trust him yet. Plus it gave him time with his little brother and kept them somewhere safe just in case something happened. Of course we had a pack guard outside the room just in case.

"I mean, your golden eye color in wolf form is the strongest give away. Gold eyes show up in a wolf's human form if they are powerful wolves, alphas and sometimes betas, but never in wolf form. It's supposed to mean they are the strongest of our kind and both of you have golden eyes in wolf form." Jonathon said. I hadn't heard what their conversation had been about, other than it being between him and Kenley. I was too busy staring at the wall clock above the door, the second had ticking tauntingly, and pressing myself into Callen's chest. I was scared. What is Calen wasn't actually my mate? What if the moment that clock changes, I'll feel the sharp pain that shoots through a wolf's body when they've been marked by someone other than their mate? I mean it'll be gone a second later and since I was marked before I turned seventeen, Callen wouldn't get any form of punishment. Marking a wolf who feels their mates pool is punishable, marking someone other than your mate knowing they aren't your mate isn't. It doesn't even cause him any form of pain so I wouldn't have any warning.

"Calm down Fae. Everything is going to be fine. I promise." Cal whispers into my neck before pressing a kiss to my mark. I let out a low moan, ceasing all conversation around the room, and grind back against him causing him to moan as well. Don't judge me, that mark is like all your sexual pleasure points rolled into one multiplied by a thousand.

"Looks like someone is going to need a room soon." I shot a playful galre at Kenley who only shrugged then glanced back at the clock. "Ready?" She asked and my head snapped back to the clock. Twenty seconds...nineteen...eighteen. I closed my eyes and turned to bury my face in Callen's neck. I couldn't watch that traitor of a clock countdown anymore. And then I felt it. First the immense pull to Callen proving that he was in fact my mate. I stepped back to smile up and him. Just as he leaned down to kiss me however, something else shot through me. I felt like the first time I fully shifted all over again...only ten times worse. When I saw it fucking hurts to shift, I'm not joking and now this. Kenley and I both let out a loud shriek that chaged to a pained howl as we fell to the ground. I vaguely heard Jonathon telling everyone to step back, much like you would when a pup first shifts. Having someone touch you during your first shift is terrible, no comparison to this pain and bound to be even worse if this was anything to judge by.

Everything around me seemed to fade, the sounds and sights just disappearing along with the pain. I knew my body was still feeling it but I was no longer in it, more like in my mind or some place separate from reality. I could feel three presences with me. I knew one was Kenley, her presence as familiar to me as if she were me. The other two felt familiar but I couldn't place them. Then everything was bathed in a golden light and I blinked a few times until my vision cleared. I saw Kenley standing directly beside me and grabbed her hand in mine. She looked at me, her expression just as scared as I was sure mine was. Then I looked down beside her and then me. The other presences I felt were our wolves. Large blood red wolves with golden eyes that sat like docile dogs at our sides. My wolf let out what seemed like a laugh and I could only assume it was because she had heard my thoughts...wait a second. She?!