Chapter Eight

Callen's POV - Thursday Morning. Sept. 19

Cameron and I both got overwhelemed by our mates's scents the moment we made it upstairs last night. We were exhausted, needing our mates, and feeling extremely guilty. The second floor hall was filled with ecent and older trals of their scents and our noses led us to their rooms where their scents were strongest. We had run back into the hall when we realized they weren't in there but their most recent rtail as too mixed in with the others to pick out directly. The hall way led to at least three others when we went looking and all of them had their scents as well and our bodies were ready to crash. So here we were, wa too early in the morning, clutching a pillow from our mates as we slept on the floor in their rooms. It calmed our inner animal enough to sleep before we tried to find them.

Bzzzz. Bzzzz. Bzzzz. Bzzzz.

I groaned and reached for my phone in my pocket. It was the alram I'd barely managed to set and now I wasn't to sure I was agreeing with my mind from last night. It was three in the morning and my body still felt exhausted. I sighed, knowing full well there was no way I'd be going back to sleep.

"Mate. Find. Now!" Don't get me wrong, I loved my wolf, but right now he was annoying me. My wolf was not some uncivilized caveman and the fact that he was speaking as if he was one right now only served to annoy me.

"Shut up. If you can't use full sentences with me right now, don't speak." I told him as I got up and placed Fae's pillow back on his bed. His answer was an echoing growl that only served to annoy me more as well as give me a headache. I ignored him and headed back out nto the hall. I could hear snores and mumbling coming from downstairs. Many o the pack had gone back home last night but there were still some here. My little group of friends included. The four of them would probably be up sometime soon themselves but I was waiting for no one. I was going to find my mate and beg for forgivness on my knees if I had, but I was getting him back. I left the room and stopped at Ley's, the door wide open to reveal Cameron curled in a ball around her pillow. He apparently liked to sleep in his shifted form.

"Up!" I barked and rolled my eyes when he jumped and turned to hiss at me. "Down kitty. Let's go." I said. He looked confused for a second before he quickly shifted and redressed. He was out the door and by my side a few seconds later. I just nodded and we walked down the hall. We headed for the middle hall, having decide last night it would be the first we checked this morning. I was surprised to see it was the hall that led into the ballroom. I walked by the doors and continued down the hall and was glad when I realized that the scents seemed to fade until there was only the one of our mates and stale, dusty air. I found it funny how both Cameron and I had inhaled their scent at the same time.

"It seems we chose the right hall. Now let's go get them back." Cam said before he took off running down the hall following the trail. I smiled and quickly caught up to him. I lost track of how many halls we went through or how many sets of stairs, just followed their scent. I slowed t a stop before a set of double doors and listened carefully for any sign of our mates. I was glad when I heart two hearts beating almost in sync with each other. The two, though different genders and many differences were still twins. Last night had been the first time I'd seen the sterotypical twin behviour with them and was only reminded by it right now.

"They're here." I said simply and he only nodded. We reached for the doors to open them only to find them locked. I frowned and sighed.

"What did you expect genius? He's mad at you. Of course he'd lock the door."

"Oh sure, now you know how to speak normally." I growled at my wolf. He huffed at me and I blocked him out again. I didn't need his opinioin right now.