Chapter Three

Faelen's POV - Tuesday After School. Sept. 17

I was finally back home after the long day at school. Apparently, I had to sit through tech class with Callen. I still had no idea what the freaking tingling in my body when he was near me meant. I should probably ask mom...maybe dad would be better. Hm. Anyways, I needed to run and get out my stress before the meeting party thing in a few hours. I dropped my bag off in my room and changed into a pair of jeans and a loose peasant top and my forest green converse pulling my hair into a loose low ponytail. They were easier to change out of and into when I planned to shift and run than the dress, petticoat, pantyhose, and ballet flats. I also threw my bra on my bed since it wouldn't even be noticed whether I was wearing it or not with the peasant top on and the fact that No one else would end up seeing me anyways. As I entered the den, the way to the back door so I could head out to the back gate and out into the woods to run, I noticed my mom sitting on the sofa with my dad laying across it with his head in her lap.

"Where you off to sweetie?" Mom asked as she glanced up at me.

"For a run. I need to work out some stress and anxiety before tonight." I said as I stopped by the French doors that led outside.

"It's not a good idea to go out running right now Fae. Jonathon said he was going to have some of his pack running the border patrol around this time, wanting to include some of the younger wolves in it." It took me a minute to figure out that Jonathon was Callen's father.

"I'll be fine dad. I'm just going to run the area behind our back gate. I'll be able to run into the gate before they see me if I sense them coming. Please dad I really need to run right now." I said, doing my signature puppy pout. He was a sucker for it and it only worked with me...and mom of course but that was a whole other story. He would do whatever she asked even it she didn't use the puppy pout since she was his mate. I smiled when he sighed. I knew it meant I won.

"Fine, fine. Go ahead. Just be careful please. Until I can talk to him tonight, I don't want them to find out about your wolves or you not being a girl." I ran over and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you daddy. Love you bye." I yelled out as I rushed out the door. Normally, I'd go running with Ley but she wanted to dig through my closet to pick out my outfit and decide on my hair and make-up for tonight before she dug through her own closet to find her outfit. For be the more boyish one of us, she could be such a girl sometimes. And that was coming from me.

I reached the back gate and pushed it open and peeked out. I sniffed the air to see if any of the others were near and didn't pick up any new scents. I undressed and folded my clothes neatly and set them on the ground beside the gate. I took off at a run and leapt up, shifting in midair and landing on my paws. I shook my fur out first, hating how it felt so ruffled every time I shifted. Once I was satisfied with how my fur laid against my body, I took off through the woods. I loved running because it made me feel freer. As a wolf, I didn't have to worry about other people, could just run and not have to think about what chemicals to avoid mixing so nothing blew up or what Shakespeare meant in one of his plays.

There was a slight breeze blowing and I made sure to stay downwind from where someone else could appear, as long as they stuck to the normal border patrol route anyways. Making it next to impossible for them to catch my scent but very easy for me to catch theirs. That way I could keep my promise to my father and make it back to out back gate before they saw me in wolf form.

Callen's POV - Tuesday After School. Sept. 17