Chapter Eleven

Faelen's POV - Thursday Night. Sept. 19

They were here. The hunters. I watched Callen take off and grabbed up the bags of chips and container of dip I had and ran up stairs and banged on Kenley's door. It opened as a half dressed Cameron tumbled out, jumping around trying to dress as he took off in the same direction as everyone else. Kenley was yanking on a summer dress, it was one of mine that I'd tried to get her to wear many times but she never did. It was the quickest thing for her to trow on at the moment as she snatched up a pair of socks and converse as she ran out of the room to my side. We shut her door and took off down the halls and towards the basement. It had already been stocked with food for us but I refused to leave my chips. The moment we got in there, we shut the door behind us and locked it. I put the chips and dip down on the beds before helping Kenley shove our dress-up wardrobes in front of the doors. They were heavy, even for us, and would make it almost impossible for anyone to get in, especially since the doors opened inward.

"Now we wait and hope for the best." She said as she plopped down onto a chair and yanked on the socks and converse. I noticed her mark on her neck, a crescent moon with a cat paw print in the middle of it and wolf claw marks across it. It was pretty and simple, only greys and blacks, and I was curious what Cameron's was.

"Or we stalk the fight through our mate's." I suggested and she gave me a look that said not to even try it.

"Sure, go ahead. Tat is if you'd like your mate and anyone connected to the pack link to be distracted by your presence. You're a part of their pack now thanks to that mark, awesome by the way, and they'll sense you and most likely be confused since you haven't had a chance for the whole pack to acquaint themselves with you yet. It's just too dangerous." She said.

"I know. I was trying to joke and feel less like a precious gem to be locked up." I replied before walking over and plopping down on the beds, returning to my chips and dip. I heard her sigh and walk over.

"I know. I'm just a bit on edge and this whole thing seems like nothing but huge at the same time. I mean all we have to do is sit here and wait while they are all out there fighting and doing the hard part. Risking their lives just to protect us from hunters that want us for what we may or may not actually be. I mean the hunters are a bit stupid for showing themselves at the full moon but look at us. Even with the power from the full moon, we aren't that much stronger or powerful than an alpha. And that could easily be from the alpha genes from dad's family and our ancestors that founded this whole town. I mean even if w..." She ranted and I just nodded. She was barely pausing for breath and I knew she just needed to get everything on her mind out in the open. I didn't blame her, I felt the same way but the mark on my shoulder and my connection only made me feel more calm and level-headed than normal.

"...om their perspective we could be the perfect weapons but wolves are hard to control anyways and a broken wolf usually becomes rogue which would make us a danger to them and even more so if we are blood wolves or red wolves or whatever the fuck we are...Are you even listening?!"

"Nope." I answer honestly. I hear her sigh again before she gets up and walks over to the now dust free trampoline and climbs on. She starts bouncing on it and I know she's just working out her anxiety and frustrations.

"You're a terrible brother you know."

"I know."

"I'm serious. You don't listen when you little sister really needs you."

"You're older and you just want to rant."

"So we're twins so it should be mandatory for you to have to listen to me when I want to rant."