Chapter Six

Callen's POV - Wednesday Afternoon. Sept. 18

"Why? I am here because my mating pull has led me here. What? I'm a werecat, a snow leopard to be exact. Who? That's my favorite of the three. I, my dear little Faelen, am your mate."

Everyone gasped and glanced in my direction then back at Cameron. Not even my father could hold me back now. I let out another growl and shifted right there, shredding my clothes as I leapt at Cameron. Fae was mine and no one else was going to try and claim him from me.

"Callen! Dad! Someone stop them!" Kenley yelled. I saw Fae's eyes flash with fear and concern and I just hoped it wasn't fear of me and concern for Cameron who was pinned beneath me with my teeth bared viciously in his face. He looked shocked and scared for a second before he shifted underneath me, his lean feline figure managing not to rip his clothes. He kicks up against my stomach with his back legs and manages to shake and pull of his clothes with his paws and teeth. He and I were now circling around, our eyes never leaving each other. I could vaguely hear voice around us and a pressure on my wolf that meant my father was using his alpha voice but my world was in a rage, our mate in danger, and thus it didn't even make it through.

He leapt at me next, snapping his teeth at my side as I dodged him. I spun and tackled him, causing us both to tumble into the wooden coffee table. I vaguely registered the loud crack as it shattered under him. I heard him yelp, mostly likely getting hurt but a splintering piece of the table, and I felt glad that I'd hurt him. Maybe a bit indirectly, but I did.

We jumped about and I saw a large gash with a broken table leg sticking out of his shoulder. The blood was spilling from the wound, down his white pelt and to the floor. I heard a gasp from behind me and knew it was my mate. My wolf was more in control of our body at the moment but the gasp had given me control back. We were scaring our mate but we needed to stand our ground and keep this stranger from trying to take our mate from us.

"Callen, stop. Please." I heard Fae say as I felt two small arms wrap around my wolf's neck in a hug. The tingles shooting through my body told me it was our mate hugging us and I nuzzled into him. The grip tightened slightly and I smiled shifting back slowly and pulling Fae into my arms and my lap. I didn't care that I was now sitting naked in the middle of the room, honestly I've never felt odd about my nudity since it happened often. "Oh thank god. I thought you were going to get hurt." I heard him whisper softly against my neck.

"Kenley dear, run and get the first aid kit from the hall closet please." I heard Sebastian say as he walked over to the snow leopard. He couldn't shift until he got the table leg out of his shoulder, it'd cause more harm if he shifted with it still in. Fae flinched when he heard the yowl of pain from Cameron as Sebastian yanked it out. Then he was shifting back and clutching his left arms uselessly to his chest. He'd be fine in a few hours and completely healed by the end of the night but for now, his left arm was completely useless. I felt a little guilty for it but mostly proud that I'd manage to cause that much damage.

"Callen, not that I mind really but you do know you're still naked and I'm sitting in your lap right?" I heard the barely audible comment from Fae, still having his face buried in my neck. I knew it made him embarrassed but I was actually a bit surprised by his actions and words. Last night he'd run when he let out the oh so tempting moan of pleasure from me whispering in his ear and now he was sitting in my lap without arguing or trying o run, nuzzling his face into my neck. Even though I know he's embarrassed right now, I can feel the heat from his cheeks telling me he was blushing, I don't want to let go and try to find something to wear.