VI.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER VI.

The Winter Break came too quickly.

Reia did not want to leave Hogwarts—not only did she have a load of homework (Including her Potions and Transfiguration Assignments) but she also did not want to go home and face her parents.

But she'd have to.

And she'd deal with it.

After Reia hugged Regulus goodbye, she watched him join his family—and watched his family ignore him.

His mother, Walburga Black, spent her time glaring at Sirius (Whom she disowned two years ago) rather than greeting her younger son.

Orion Black was glaring at everybody on the platform, and the small family seemed to radiate coldness and hatred.

Beside Orion, Walburga and Regulus stood Cygnus Black and Druella Rosier, who were icily greeting their two daughters, Narcissa and Bellatrix.

Reia's eyes flicked over to Andromeda, who was lugging her trunk quietly off the platform.

According to Lucius and Regulus, Andromeda had been disowned last summer, and now she lived alone, away from her family.

Lucius Malfoy stood alone with his father, and Reia gave him a small wave—which he returned discretely.

The Noble House of Black was a very big family, that was obvious.

"Rei," Remus said, tugging her forward, "Mother and Father are waiting for us."

"Waiting for you," Reia disagreed, "Not for me."

"Don't say that, Reia," Remus said, though he wasn't looking at her.

He was already smiling and waving at Lyall and Hope Lupin, who were both smiling and waving back at him proudly.

Reia averted her eyes from her parents as Remus dragged her across the platform towards their parents.

"Don't you need to say goodbye to your friends?" Reia asked, purposely avoiding her parents' gazes, which she could feel burning into her.

"I already did," Remus said, "Don't worry about me. Come on, Reia, seriously. You didn't do anything wrong, why are you so worried?"

Reia's gaze immediately snapped up and she glared at her older brother, "I did do something wrong."

"Wha—,"

"I exist," Reia snapped.

Remus just sighed.

They'd already arrived at their parents' side.

"Remus!" Hope said brightly, pulling Remus into an embrace.

"Hello, Mother," Remus said with a smile, "I missed you."

Lyall scanned Reia while Hope greeted Remus. Lyall took in Reia's green and silver tie, and the Slytherin Uniform that she'd purposely kept on just to show her House pride to her parents.

"Why didn't you change out of your uniform, Reia?" Lyall asked disapprovingly, "You know that your mother and I don't like seeing you as a Slytherin."

"I must've forgotten," Reia said breezily with a dismissive wave, "That doesn't matter."

But she felt the anger curl in her gut.

If Remus chose to show up in his Gryffindor uniform, Lyall wouldn't give it a second glance.