LX.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER LX.

ONE YEAR LATER

"Reia," Debbie called out to the young woman, who was half-asleep on the ground, her two sons asleep beside her, "Go to sleep. I'll put Archie and Atlas to bed."

Reia yawned, "No, it's alright, Debbie. I'll take them. You go and rest. You need it more than me."

Debbie scoffed, "Have you seen yourself, young lady? Go and sleep, immediately. That is an order."

Reia didn't have the energy to protest.

She did look terrible—she knew she did. Her sons had become extremely energetic in the past few months, and that had left her with dark, tried shadows under her eyes almost constantly and a constant desire to sleep.

She loved her sons. She really did. They were beautiful, and she loved their company. But they didn't like it when their mother slept, constantly waking her up for her attention, so Reia didn't sleep much at all.

From the hospital they were born in a year ago, it had been almost a five-hour drive to Debbie's house.

Debbie had just been passing by Grimmauld Place, and didn't actually live nearby, and had brought Reia to the nearest hospital at the time—not the hospital nearest to her home.

"Thanks, Debbie," Reia told the woman sleepily, before stumbling up the stairs and falling asleep the moment she collapsed on her bed.

It felt nice, to fall asleep and dream.

She always had strange dreams, about things like glowing sticks and cloaked figures and a young man with black hair—whose face she could never quite see clearly in her dreams.

It felt like barely minutes later that she found herself waking up to sunlight peeking through her window, and she groaned as she forced herself out of bed. With a quick glance in the mirror, she noted that she looked much better rested than she had in the past few weeks, and with a smile at that thought, she made her way to the next room to find her sons.

Arche, affectionately called Archie, and Atlas, slept in a room beside Reia's, whereas Debbie took the third bedroom downstairs.

The old woman was always very welcoming and warm towards Reia and her sons, and for that, she was very grateful. Otherwise, she would not have a place to live—and Reia also loved the woman's company, because she was so kind and caring.

The woman was already up, based on the sizzling sounds of breakfast Reia heard, and she opened the door of the boys' bedroom, only to find them already up and giggling with each other about something. They sat upright in their cots, and almost looked like they were communicating telepathically, as they said nothing and made no noises—but still burst into giggles every few moments.

"Come on, Archie, Atlas," She scooped them up in her arms, groaning a bit at the effort, "The two of you are growing!"

The boys just giggled as they clung onto their mother.

"Momma," Atlas giggled, tugging on Reia's hair, "Hello, Momma."

"Good morning, Atlas," She gave both of the boys kisses on their foreheads, "You too, Archie."

"Momma," Archie responded, pulling on the other side of Reia's hair, and she removed their hands from around her hair.

Atlas had started talking, first. His first word had been 'Momma', and Archie quickly followed. Archie was the first to learn 'Hello', though, and Atlas had learnt that from his twin brother.

So Reia supposed that they'd learnt from each other.

"No, boys—no pulling on my hair," Reia scolded lightly, "Come on, let's go find Debbie, alright?"

The boys just chortled, and Reia laughed along with them.

***

A few months ago, Reia had started working at a bakery nearby, and the boys stayed at home with Debbie, while Reia worked to pay Debbie back for everything the older woman had given her, even though Debbie insisted that it was alright and that there was no need for it.

As Reia helped one of the other employees pack some loaves of bread, she hummed to herself, until the young woman beside her asked her why she was humming Christmas songs at this time of year.

"I—well, it brings back good memories," Reia stammered awkwardly, feeling as if she'd been caught doing something wrong, even though she was sure she hadn't.

She couldn't remember what memories the Christmas songs brought back, but she was sure they were happy memories, and they made her feel so content that even though she didn't remember why exactly they made her happy, she wanted to keep humming the songs.

"Oh," The woman said with a nod.

With a quick glance at the woman's name badge, Reia noted the woman was called 'Joanna', and responded, "Do you have something that brings back happy memories?"

"Many things," Joanna said with a little laugh, "Mostly my daughter. Her name is Ariel. She's always so happy it's contagious."

Daughter. Ariel.

Reia swore something stirred in her mind with those words, but she couldn't place it—and it felt as though the answer was so frustratingly close yet far away at the same time.

She hated the feeling of not knowing that she knew.