X.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER X.

At first glance, Reia saw her blonde-haired friend and she took a horrified gasp, "L-luci—,"

But then she noticed that the Death Eater before her was too tall to be her blonde-haired Slytherin friend from Hogwarts, in her year.

It wasn't Lucius.

But that didn't make the situation any better.

It was Abraxas Malfoy.

"What are you doing here?" Reia hissed as she struggled to get out of Abraxas Malfoy's hold.

Abraxas didn't answer.

But before anybody could say or do anything, there were seven loud cracks and flashes of bright light, and then—

"LET HER GO, MALFOY!"

Reia kicked Abraxas Malfoy in the face, slamming her foot into his jaw as she whirled around and leapt free of his grasp.

She turned around and saw her older brother—none other than Remus Lupin himself—and Albus Dumbledore, James Potter, Sirius Black, Lily Evans, Alice Longbottom and Peter Pettigrew—armed and with their wands pointing at the group of Death Eaters.

She didn't allow her shock to show on her face. So was this where Remus had been running off to? Was this why he was never at home anymore?

Had he been running off with his friends and Albus Dumbledore to participate in some rebellion group?

And why hadn't Remus told her?

Was it because she was a Slytherin, and she spent time around Slytherins, so that made her untrustworthy?

Or...had he simply been forbidden from telling her?

Was it somebody else who didn't trust her?

But these thoughts faded from her mind as Remus spoke again.

Remus glared at Abraxas Malfoy and said, "You—,"

But he was cut off.

Reia glanced between the two groups.

Abraxas Malfoy just laughed and said, "So she's one of yours, is she?"

"She is not," Dumbledore said calmly, his gaze fixed on the Death Eaters, not sparing a glance in Reia's direction, "Let her go. She is but a muggle."

Abraxas laughed coldly, "If she is but a muggle, then I do not believe you would care if I destroyed her right here, right now. So—," He yanked Reia's hair and Reia let out a loud yelp, "—either you come with us, or we destroy her."

Dumbledore tensed, and Reia could almost see the fury radiating off of him as he said in a quiet yet firm voice, "Let her go."

Abraxas shrugged, "Your choice."

And then the street erupted into chaos.

Muggles screamed from their houses as more Death Eaters apparatus to the scene, their faces masked—and Reia was kicked to the side.

Pain exploded in her abdomen as she crawled away and tried to get up—but she couldn't—and she—

But then the pain was gone.

Reia shot up to her feet and pointed her wand at whomever had come near her—

To find a masked Death Eater pointing their wand right back at her.

And in the chaos of the battle and the flurry of yelled spells and curses and screams, the Death Eater looked her in the eye—she could barely make out the grey eyes hidden behind his mask—and said, "Go, Reia. Go, while you still can."

Reia would've run.

She would've taken the chance and run—she didn't know why the Death Eater was giving her a chance, but she would've run.

But she recognised that voice.

Her heart was pounding, hard and loud in her chest, but she swore that it stopped when she recognised that voice.

She gasped, "Reg—,"

For a second, Regulus kept their gaze, unbreaking, and a silent understanding passed through them. His beautiful grey eyes were barely visible behind his Death Eater's mask

They were so close...yet so far...

But hadn't Reia seen this coming? Hadn't she been suspecting this—hadn't she been suspecting that Regulus had become a Death Eater, and that that was why he hadn't been replying to her letters?

She had; she really had been—and she found that she wasn't as shocked as she initially thought she was.

Her breathing evened slightly and she exhaled and inhaled, focusing on keeping her breaths calm.

Regulus didn't break their gaze.

They would speak of this later. But for now...

Reia whispered, "Be safe, Reg."

And before he could reply, he had vanished with a crack and a whoosh of shadows, and Reia was left cold and alone in the middle of the battle—spells flying overhead and screams echoing in her ears.

But then an Unforgivable Curse whizzed past her shoulder, and she almost felt its burn on her skin.

With a start, she snapped out of her trance.

She ripped her feet from the road and ran.

Author's Note:

Hey! Thanks for reading this chapter and be sure to vote/comment if you liked it to let me know ;)

I've also added a little extra few sentences to Chapter 9, but you don't have to go back and reread it if you don't want to.

As always, some questions for you guys to answer in the comments:

1. What are your initial thoughts after reading this chapter?

2. Which colour describes this chapter most/best in your opinion:

A) Blue B) Red C) Green

3. Who is your favourite character and why?

4. Which relationship/friendship is your favourite so far?

Thanks, and leave your answers in the comments, as always <3

Cya ~