VIII.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER VIII.

"What did he tell you, anyway?" Reia said as she got to her feet, "Anything interesting?"

Suddenly, Remus tensed, and he took a step away as he said, "Sorry, Rei, but I can't tell you."

Reia felt it like a stab, but she didn't allow any emotion other than pure indifference as she said, "I should've expected that. Of course you can't tell me. But thank you for being honest with me, Rem."

"B-but Rei," Remus said quietly, "He did tell me that when you graduate he'll probably approach you about it, too."

Reia couldn't help the smile that lit up her face as she said, "Really?"

"Yeah," Remus said, smiling in return as his younger sister smiled, "So don't worry about it. Come on, you want to come with me to take a walk around the neighbourhood?"

"Only if we can go to the ice-cream place," Reia said with a grin, "That place is the best. Maybe even as good as Florean Fortescue's place."

Remus laughed, "Obviously. We'll just take a walk. I thought you'd like to enjoy this day...since, you know, it's still somewhat peaceful in the world. In this time, you know...you really never know when everything will fall apart."

"What with the war and all, and You-Know-Who," Reia agreed, "Let's go?"

"Hang on, I actually need to get dressed—,"

"Aww, Rem," Reia cooed, ruffling her brother's hair, "You look fine. Come on. Though we probably should get dressed before we leave the house."

"I hate you, you know that, right?" Remus grumbled as he attempted to fix his messed-up hair.

"I know."

***

Reia had dressed in a green shirt and jeans, with her hair pulled up into a messy bun at the top of her head.

She was in the mood to wear something that would somewhat represent her House, so she pulled on a silver necklace with a snake charm on it to show House pride.

Because just because her House didn't define her doesn't mean that she couldn't dress in her House colours and show House pride, even though only muggles would see it.

She waited by the door, pulling on her boots and tying up the shoelaces as she waited for Remus.

She was not a very patient person, but she was in a good mood.

But after a whole twenty minutes, Reia couldn't wait any longer, and she yelled, "REMUS, HURRY UP, THE ICE CREAM IS MELTING!"

"Coming, coming!" Remus rushed down the stairs, looking no different than he had before he'd gone to get dressed.

"Did you just spend twenty minutes doing nothing?" Reia asked as she and Remus walked through the small streets of their small muggle neighbourhood.

Children ran around parks and the pathways, laughter bubbling in the air. The air was warm and perfect, and the sun was golden and bright.

Small houses, all of them almost identical to each other, lined the streets, the only things differentiating them from each other being the different coloured doors and the small things that the families owned and the changes they'd made to their own home, such as the signs on their doors, the paint on their window frames and the toys strewn across the grass.

"Do you ever feel...left out?" Reia asked, breaking the comfortable silence between the two siblings, "I mean...with your condition and all..."

Remus heaved a sigh and answered, "Of course I do, Reia. But I have great friends and a great family and a great sister," He gave her a smile and put an arm around Reia's shoulders, "and you guys all help me out. It really makes things a lot easier."

Rather than turning the topic on her own problems and thoughts, Reia said light-heartedly, "I think Sirius Black hates me."

"Um, he doesn't like you because he comes from a Slytherin family and is in Gryffindor so he just hates Slytherins in general," Remus said awkwardly, "Erm, sorry about that, Rei."

Reia chortled, "It doesn't matter; I don't care if he hates me, anyway. It's funny, really, how he hates me, but the two of us are basically in the same situation. I mean...we're both from families who prefer a certain House and we both got Sorted into a different House; the 'wrong' House. We've both got a sibling in the 'right' House that our families prefer, and we both have friends in our House, and we hate each other's friends."

"Hey," Remus said, jokingly gasping in offense, "I'm Sirius Black's friend. Does that mean you hate me?"

"Not my point, Rem," Reia rolled her eyes, "But you understand, right?"

Remus' mood changed and he turned serious as he said, "I do get it, Rei. You two are in pretty much the same situation—except, our parents are way nicer than his parents and did not disown you."

"Yeah," Reia agreed, "Our parents are still good to both of us. They just...erm...like you better. It's just cruel to disown somebody just because of their friends—or the colour of their tie, or the House crest on their pocket. It's just...unreasonable. I mean...it's not reasonable to dislike somebody because of their House either, but like...you know..."

"I know, I know," Remus said with a smile, "By the way, Rei, we're at the ice-cream place, if you—,"

"Really?" Reia looked up and saw her favourite ice cream shop right up ahead, "Oh, well, you can follow, I'm gonna go—,"

And then she had dashed away, and she was gone, leaving a confused Remus behind.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this chapter ;)

Do leave a vote or comment if you liked this chapter to let me know, and some questions for you guys to think about/answer:

1. Who is your favourite character at this point?

2. How would you describe them? (You can use colours, animals, traits etc)

3. What do you associate them with?

As always, leave your answers in the comments below to let me know your thoughts/comments!

Thanks and cya <3