XLIV.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER XLIV.

Regulus,

Were you involved in the attack? Who else was?

Reia.

She didn't know what else to write to him. She couldn't believe that her friends—Regulus, Josie, Narcissa, Lucius—that they'd do this.

She couldn't imagine them murdering muggles—using Unforgivable Curses on innocent people...

She hadn't realised that they were so immersed in dark magic.

She sent the owl off only a few minutes after reading the paper, hoping that Regulus would reply soon, if only so that Reia would be able to put her mind at ease, whether the news be good or bad.

She couldn't imagine Regulus Black—her best friend; her boyfriend—doing such cruel things.

For the rest of the day, her mood was gloomy—until Dumbledore called an Order meeting and Reia was forced to stop sulking.

"Considering recent events," Dumbledore began, "I am sending a mission to where the next Death Eater attack will be—a muggle village not far from here."

"How do you know, sir?" James Potter asked, frowning.

Reia glanced in his direction, where he was sitting beside Remus and Sirius, and Peter was nowhere to be seen.

"I have my sources," Dumbledore said, and didn't elaborate, "We need to send people who have experience around these people—who know them on a personal level." He turned to Reia, "More specifically, Reia. They will be weaker and will no doubt not be expecting you, Miss Lupin, and as such, you will be going on this mission, along with Fabian and Gideon Prewett, Sirius Black, James Potter, and Remus Lupin. You will leave in three hours, ten minutes before the attack will occur. Please take this time to prepare. That will be all."

***

Reia put on robes over her clothes, and put her wand into her robe pocket.

She'd gotten these robes from Diagon Alley a few days ago with Mrs. Potter—she needed something to wear on missions, and she needed robes that were not her Slytherin school robes.

So, taking her own money, she'd bought three sets of robes—one dark blue, one dark green, and one black.

Today, she'd be wearing the black ones.

She pulled her hair up and put her hands in her pockets as she went to meet the boys at the exit of the Potter Mansion.

"You look like you're ready to fight," A red-headed boy commented.

"Who are you?" Reia asked, furrowing her brows as her eyes passed between the two identical red-heads.

"Fabian—,"

"—and Gideon."

Reia shook her head, "I've got nothing."

"Prewett," The two boys elaborated, "We're Molly's younger brothers, but we graduated three years before you. And also, we're twins."

"I gathered that much," Reia said dryly, "You look exactly identical."

"Yeah," One of the boys—Gideon, Reia believed—said with a chuckle, "We get that a lot."

"We should go," Remus said, cutting off their conversation, "We can all apparate, yes?"

"Yes," Reia replied, while the others nodded.