Golden Boy. Chapter 1.

"Mike please don't scream at me" Michael flinched by her touch. Her hands made him feel sick.

"Do not call me that ever again, we are done" It was her time to flinch by his harsh words.

"No no no, Mike it was a mistake" I smell bullshit.

"Shut up Angela, just shut your lying mouth" Michael got his credit card, the car keys and his phone of the kitchen counter. Angela kept telling him to stay, pulled his jacket, grabbed his hand but Michael pushed her off and got in the car. She was hitting the car widow. Crying loudly. He just slowly backed the car down the driveway and drove off.

His girlfriend of 4 years has been cheating on him for a month or two. With his best friend. His only friend.

Fucking great.

He drove on the road towards his get away place in the woods, in walking distance from his childhood house. A hidden place, Michael has been going there since he was a little boy. When his parents were fighting he always ran off and stayed there to just think. Cry. Scream. It was the perfect place for just that.

He parked his Jeep on the side of the gravel road that led to nothing but an old rotten cabin. His bigger brother always told him that there was an old lady that lived in that cabin.

She had gone mad after her husband hung himself in the tree on their yard. Richard, Michael's brother, said that if you went there at midnight you could hear the old lady's muffled screams from inside and you could see her husband hanging from the tree. Just dangling in the wind. And if you dared to go inside she would do horrible things to you. It was just a scary story but Michael and Richard promised to never go there. Richard broke that promise. That's why he is dead.

He got hit by a car but Michael knows that in was not a coincident. Cars never usually drive down this road. Richard broke the promise. Richard died and Michael will not do the same mistake.

He locked the car and kicked some stones in front of him. He had to tell himself to not cry. He did not want to cry over his stupid girlfriend. Ex girlfriend.

He walked on the path he had been running on about a thousand times, with and without his brother. He took a right turn at the big rock that was weirdly placed in the middle of the woods, green moss covered most of the rock. Walked a hundred meters and turned left where the only birch tree in the whole forest were standing tall. Then it was just straight forward, under a big fir tree.

Michael stopped right in his tracks. On the spot he had had for himself and his brother only, were a boy sitting. Blonde, slim and young. About 20 years old. Michael was debating if he should leave or confront him. But what would he say? This is my place, leave. No. He does not own this place. He was standing there for really long. Too long.

Suddenly the boy got up and brushed the moss and leafs off his legs. He was taller that Michael had thought. Taller than Michael himself. Michael realised he was staring and was just about to run off when the boy turned around and looked straight at him. Neither of them said anything at first. Just stared at each other. Then the younger boy smiled a bit.

"I like your hair, interesting clothing choice to your hair though" His words made Michael blush.

Michael scratched the back of his neck. And then moved some black and purple strands out of his eyes. Michael had just came home from work when Angela released the bomb on him, that she had been cheating on him. Suit and tie is his dress code at the hotel. When you are the boss anyway.

"T-thank you" Michael's voice cracked and he could feel his cheeks heat up even more. Michael looked away from the boys eyes and looked down at the boys clothes. The black T-shirt said NIRVANA with the smiley face.

"I like your music taste" Michael said. It was true, Michael had always loved Nirvana. His voice was a bit more steady now. The sun was going down so everything almost looked golden with the sunlight. The boy in front of him looked like he was made out of gold. He looked special somehow. He felt special. Suddenly Michael realised why he came here.

"Are you leaving?" Michael asked. Wow, you are so nice Michael. Stop being rude.

The boy almost looked shocked but he nodded. A chilly breeze made Michael shiver. The boy kept watching Michael, almost as if he looked away he would be gone. Michael started to feel uncomfortable under this strangers stare, in the middle of the woods. On Michael's place.

The boy finally took a few steps in Michael's direction, walked past him and walked away. Michael made sure the boy was gone. Then he walked over to his normal space and got down on his knees. He kept telling himself to not cry over and over again. He hit his fist against the cliff wall. The same spot as always.

This place was hidden well, not impossible to notice but still hard to see. Three fir trees and a cliff wall, in the shape of a circle with a moss floor.

Michael cried out in pain. He hit the wall again. It hurt more and more. He kept hitting until he saw blood. Small dots with blood, almost looked like crystals in the golden light. His already messed up knuckles were now swollen and soar with blood seeping out of the small cuts. It is quite interesting how pain turns to pleasure when you are heartbroken.

♡♡♡

This will be a kind of short one. Hope you like it.

//Lin