Mikey. Chapter 7.

Michael sat down on his bum in the wet moss. His secret was out.

You cannot even keep a simple secret. You're worthless.

Luke still had Michael's hands in his hands. Luke looked so sad. He had a small sad frown on his face. Luke looked at Michael's face and Michael looked at Luke's. Luke got up on his feet.

He is leaving me because I'm worthless.

Michael did not dare to watch his only friend walk away from him. To leave him alone. But to Michael's surprise Luke grabbed Michael's arms and pulled him up in his feet.

They looked at each other for a short time before Luke threw his arms around Michael's body and held him tight. Michael put his arms around the slim body of him and cried on Luke's shoulder. The slight taller boy squeezed him to comfort him.

"Do you want to come with me home? We can clean you up and just chill, think about other things" Luke whispered.

He had never been this close to Luke for this long before. Luke smelled amazing and his body felt amazing against himself. Michael were still shaking.

"Michael" The cabin. Michael had not been close to that cabin in years. But he wanted Luke with him. Michael nodded.

Luke let go of the hug and smiled a bit. Luke turned around and Michael walked after him. Then Michael did something really unexpected. He grabbed Luke's hand and looked up at Luke's face. Michael's cheeks were heating up. But Luke did not seem to mind.

They walked up on the gravel road and Michael made sure his car was locked. That was when Luke realised Michael did not have any shoes.

"Where are your shoes Michael?"

"I did not put any on" Michael whispered. Michael still had a tight grip of Luke's hand. Luke started to take his own shoes off.

"Take mine" He said and pushed them in front of Michael. Michael shook his head.

"No, they are yours"

"Oh shut up, take them Mikey" Michael's heart almost stopped again. He just nodded and let go of Luke's hand. He got Luke's shoes on, they had the same size. It was a pair of sneakers. Black with blue laces. It felt really nice to have something on his feet.

Mikey.

They walked away from Michael's car. They walked next to each other. Michael was now mad at himself for letting go of Luke's hand. It felt so good to hold it.

Michael looked down on the ground. It had been raining all day, it had just stopped when Michael ran outside. The road had a lot of holes that now were filled with water. A few birds were drinking out of the puddles. Worms were also getting out of the ground. To not drown. If Michael were a worm he would have stayed in the ground today.

They walked quietly beside each other. Michael looked up and could see the cabin. It looked better than before. They had painted it red, fixed the roof and also cut down the tree the man hung himself in.

Michael felt the nausea struck him. Pictures of his older brother laying lifeless on the ground will forever haunt him. But now they were very vivid.

"Are you okay Michael?" Luke asked. Michael had not realised he stopped walking. He stared at the exact spot he had seen his brother before the police pushed him away. That was the last time he ever saw his brother.

"Something is wrong I can see it, I'm sorry the house is not fancy or anything, I'm really sorry"

Michael snatched out of his thoughts.

"No no no, Luke it is not your house I am thinking about" Michael whispered. "I just have a bad memory from this place. That is all" Luke nodded and Michael walked up to him again.

They walked next to each other and then they walked up the four steps to the cabin. Luke opened the door and they walked in. It was a comfortable feeling. He could not put his finger on why.

Michael took of Luke's shoes and Luke smiled. A woman walked in to the hall. She were short and slim. She had wrinkles all over her face, blue eyes. They almost shone. She were wearing a white t-shirt, a red skirt and a white apron. Her grey hair was almost white and quite short. Just barely touching her shoulders. She now smiled.

"Hi Luke, and who is this?" She asked and looked at Michael. He hid his hands behind his back and smiled politely.

"This is Michael, the man who found a job for me" Luke answered.

"Oh god bless you Michael, this will help us a lot" The woman said with a big smile on her face.

"I am happy to help you in any way I possibly can"

"Anyway mum, we're going to my room, is that okay?" Luke asked his mother.

"Yes of course" She smiled and looked over at Michael. "You can call me Liz" Then Liz walked in to the kitchen again. Michael could not help but wonder if Liz knew he had been crying. He must look horrible right now.

Luke grabbed Michael's hand. And pulled him upstairs with him. They walked in to the door to the left.

Luke's room was empty. He had a bed, a small drawer and a lamp next to the bed. That was all.

"Sit down here Mikey, I will go and get things for your hands" Luke said and Michael sat down on Luke's bed. Luke walked out and left Michael alone.

He put his head in his hands and thought back to the memories of his brother. Richard was the best person in the world. He was always nice to Michael. Michael had always been different from everyone else. School was the hardest.

Michael and Richard went to a private school. Everyone looked the same. Except Michael. Michael had black hair, eyebrow piercing and a tattoo, at the age of 16. The other kids saw him as a bad person. But all the teachers loved him. Richard always stood up for Michael. That is why Richard was his best friend. Tears were now seeping out of his eyes again.

So pathetic.

Michael did not even notice Luke walking in to the room. First when he felt the touch of his hand on Michael's shoulder he looked up. Luke were crouched down in front of Michael. His face were really close to Michael's. Luke brought his hand up to Michael's cheek and cupped his face. He dried the tears off with his thumbs.

"Please don't cry anymore Mikey" He whispered. Michael tried to smile. Luke smiled back.

Luke let go of Michael's face and brought the wet towel against Michael's bruised and bloody hands. It hurt. But all Michael could think about were those blue eyes of the younger boy.

Michael realised in that moment that he was falling for this boy. Fast and hard.   

♡♡♡