Work. Chapter 10.

It was a good thing that Michael did not have a lot of work to do today because everything he could think about was Luke and their almost kiss. Michael could not believe it. Luke have not told him but that has to mean Luke is interested too, right?

Michael was drinking out of his pitch black cup. As usual. He was sitting in his chair as usual, calling the companies as usual and drinking chocolate as usual.

But his mind was not in the same place as usual. He had to get work done but that was not going to happen today.

I wonder how Luke is doing.

Michael finally got up and walked out of his office. The housekeeping staff watched him with a weird look where he was walking. He never leaves his office before 4pm. He has got everything he needs in there. Everyone knows that.

Michael took the right elevator to the entrance floor. He had to check on Luke. Michael walked out of the elevator and walked up to the reception desk.

They had guests so he waited. Luke was standing there dressed up. Looking amazing as usual. He talked politely to the guests and typed in things on the computer.

"If you don't stop staring you will start drooling soon and that would not be pleasant" Gretel said from beside him. He snapped out of his stare and faced Gretel. His cheeks started to heat up.

This is embarrassing.

"Is it really that obvious?" Michael asked. Gretel smiled and giggled a bit. Her grey hair was up in a pony-tail and her smile made her look a lot younger.

"You look at him with so much love, I find it adorable" She said and gripped his cheek and pinched it. Michael pushed her hand away and chuckled. He rolled her eyes at the older lady and looked over at Luke.

He was now looking at them and waved happily at them two. Gretel did know about the whole 'Michael being cheated on by his wife' situation so she just felt happy about Michael getting over it.

Michael walked over to the desk and rested his elbows on it. Luke wrote something down on a piece of paper and put it in a drawer under the desk. Then he paid attention to Michael.

"I love this job so much more than the one at Tamaras" Luke said. "Thank you so much Mikey, this will help me so much in so many ways" Michael felt butterflies in his stomach.

"Aw, he called you Mikey" Gretel said. This made Michael blush once again. Michael did not dare to look at Luke just then but he had a feeling Luke blushed too.

"Are there many guests today?" Michael asked to change the subject. Gretel nodded.

"Yes, 122 rooms are booked for tonight, the poor housekeeping team will have a lot to do" Gretel said and turned the computer screen towards her, away from Luke. Their eyes met again. There were something different showing in his eyes now. Some kind of lust. It is driving Michael crazy.

Michael had to go back to his office but Luke would come up to his office when he had finished and Michael would drive him home.

Those four hours Michael sat alone in his office was the longest four hours he had ever experienced. There was a knock on the door. Michael shouted 'come in' and the door opened. Luke walked in with a shy smile.

"Hi Luke" Michael said and looked up from the screen for a second. He just had a few things left to do then he could put all his focus on Luke.

"Hi Mikey" Luke said and sat down on a chair in front of Michael's working desk. Michael kept typing on his computer.

After 10 minutes he finally was done. He sighed and fell back on to the backrest. He looked up at Luke who put his phone down and smiled at Michael.

"You are learning fast" Michael said and Luke nodded. He looked really excited.

"Yes, it's really easy" Luke answered. "You look really good in suit and tie" Michael could feel his cheeks heat up. Michael wished he could tell Luke exactly how he feels about fancy-Luke, but that would be too much.

"You do not look too bad either" Michael answered and stood up. "Want to go and get dinner?"

"Oh I would love to but I don't have much money left" Luke answered and he looked really embarrassed.

"I will pay of course, also we can bring some food for you family if you want, you can call Liz and tell her she does not have to get food ready tonight" Michael said and got his phone off charge and turned around to see Luke on the verge to tears. Michael got really worried. "What is wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong, I just can't believe this is happening. This is the nicest thing anyone have ever asked to do for my family" The boy said. He almost ran into Michael and hugged him. Michael gladly hugged back.

He held his body close. Michael was not much shorter than the boy, his head was perfectly placed against Luke's neck. The two boys hugged each other for a long time.

Michael let go of the boy and looked down at his feet. Luke's hand grabbed Michael's. He looked down on the intertwined hands.He smiled a bit and looked up. Luke had a smile on his face.

I love him.

♡♡♡