Marshmallows. Chapter 4.

Michael's heart was beating faster than ever before. He did not know why. This boy did not know him or his situation. He does not know that Michael is a millionaire. Michael still felt embarrassed. The boy smiled. He looked nervous. He could barely see him.

"Hello" Michael finally said and took another blow of the cigarette. Michael shivered from the coldness that crept in slowly.

"I just saw your Jeep here for the third night in a row and I wanted to see if everything is okay with you or if you need help or-"

"I'm fine" Michael said and rested his back against the car door.

"S-sorry" The boy said and almost looked sad.

Cute, no stop Michael.

"No do not worry kiddo, it is quite nice of you to actually check on a stranger like this"

"Yeah. Do you want to join me at my bonfire? I have marshmallows" Michael was almost fascinated of the boy in front of him. He is clearly over 20 but he is acting like a kid.

"Sure"

Nothing to lose.

Michael got up, got his car keys and also brought his cigarettes. The boy does not know him. He will not judge him. He locked his car and turned towards the boy who looked at him with a small smile on his lips. Michael smiled back. But stopped as soon as he realised. Michael never liked his smile. The boy turned around and Michael followed him.

They turned in in to the forest and walked for just a minute then Michael saw the bonfire. It was a big one, there were blankets on the ground and fruit and marshmallows in bowls around it. He did not see anyone there. Michael took a last drag of the cigarette and threw it in the forest.

"Are you here alone?" Michael asked the boy he still did not know the name of. The boy nodded.

"Yeah, I don't have many friends" He answered quickly and sat down on the blanket.

Me neither kid.

"I know that feeling" Michael simply said and sat down next to him. Not too close but not too far away. Michael could feel the warm and nice heat from the flames in front of him. Michael looked over at the boy. The boy played with his fingers.

"Luke Robert Hemmings" the boy said.

His name.

"Michael Gordon Clifford" Michael answered. He was still looking at the boy. A small smile was now visible on Luke's face. He was wearing ripped skinny jeans and a hoodie. He had a pair of dr martens on his feet. A slight stubble on his very defined jaw.

"How old are you?" Michael asked. Now the boy, Luke looked up at him.

"I'm 20 years old" Michael was right. "How old are you?" Luke then asked and almost looked through Michael's soul. That was the feeling Michael got.

"I am 23 years old" Michael said and switched his position to get more comfortable.

"You're old" Luke said and smiled at him. Michael could not put a finger on it but there were something about this boy he just loved already.

He was going to be his new friend.

"You are a kid" Michael said and Luke's smile became wider. It was a beautiful smile. Michael started to think of his own smile and stopped smiling. He hates it.

"Want to get to know each other while eating marshmallows?" Luke asked and reached for the bowl of marshmallows. Michael nodded and smiled again. He just had to smile. He got a marshmallow and a stick. He put in over the fire and watched how it turned brown.

"Why are you not dressed fancy today?" Luke asked and blew on his marshmallow to make it cooler.

"I didn't have work today"

"What do you work with?" Luke asked and took his first nibble on the marshmallow.

"Well, I am a boss, I own the Pitch hotel in town"

"Really? It's really fancy, 5 stars?" Luke almost sounded exited. Michael nodded.

"Yes, 5 stars. It was hard to get there but it was worth it"

"I applied for a job there but I did not get it" Luke simply said and stuffed a whole marshmallow in his mouth.

"Why not?"

"I looked too scabby"

What.

"You do not" Michael said. He almost felt mad. Luke just shrugged and looked down at the fire again. The light from the fire made Luke look like the first time Michael saw him.

Golden.

His skin looked really smooth. No pimples. None uneven parts. Just smooth. He had really long and dark eyelashes too. Like a feather. His lips. They looked so soft. Not like Michael's dry and puffy ones. Michael could not help but noticing Luke's sad expression.

"What is on your mind?" Michael asked. His cheeks were heating up. Why. Luke turned his face towards Michael and looked at him again.

"Are we friends?" The question put Michael off guard. He just met this boy 15 minutes ago. But he had a feeling that he was his new friend.

"If you want to be my friend, then I want to be yours" Michael simply said. "Just do not make me heartbroken"

"I'm poor" Luke said. Ignoring the last part. "Like really poor, you know the cabin at the end of this road? That's what my parents could afford" This sadden Michael. Luke looked so sad. Almost heartbroken. Then it struck him. The cabin. With the old lady. The suicidal man. Richard. Michael stayed quiet. Luke also stayed quiet. They stayed quiet for a really long time. Almost 10 minutes. If not more.

"I will help you and your family, I have got your back Luke"

♡♡♡