Himself. Chapter 17.

A big group of people walked on the bus. Michael just watched them all walk on the bus. One old lady. Two old men. A family with four kids and a boy in Michael's age. He had black hair and tattoos on his arms.

Due to no free seats he sat down next to Michael. Michael glanced at him. He was just staring at the chair in front of him. Michael looked down on his own hands again. They were bruised and had scars all over them.

"I want you to know that you're hot" The guy next to Michael spoke. Michael looked up from his hands and looked over at the guy with pitch black hair. His eyes had a dark brown colour and he was studying Michael's face slowly.

"T-thank you, but I have a boyfriend"

A dead one. A dead one that I killed.

The boy nodded and smiled.

"He is a lucky guy" This made Michael send a weak smile towards the guy and then frown when he looked away.

I was the lucky one.

"I'm Calum"

"I am Michael, Michael Clifford"

"Oh I see, the owner of the pitch hotel" Calum said and Michael nodded slowly. "My mother works there"

"What does she do?" Michael asked.

"Housekeeping, she loves it at the hotel. You did a great job getting it to five stars" Calum said, he was really laid back and did not seem to be shy at all.

"Tell her they are doing a great job. And thank you, it was hard but I got it there finally" Michael answered without looking at Calum. He was focused on his own hands.

"You seem sad"

"I am" Michael said, almost too fast. He looked up to see Calum looking at him with a sad smile on his lips. "Nothing I want to talk about"

"I'm sorry, but things do get better if you just have the patience" Calum said and reached for his bag between his legs. He opened it and Michael eyed him. He watched Calum search around in his bag for something. "Ah, finally"

The pulled out a box of cigarettes. The box was pitch black, like the cigarettes he had in his car. He closed his bag and placed the cigarettes in his pocket. The box matched him perfectly.

"Will I see you around Michael?" Calum asked him when he pressed the stop button.

"No. No you will not. Sorry Calum" Michael said and Calum nodded looking confused and disappointed at the same time.

With shaky hands Michael got his bottle out again and took two pills again. This time both at the same time.

He swallowed them and put the bottle back in his pocket. Somehow Michael wanted Calum to know. He wanted him to know what he was doing.

It was almost like a call for help. At the same time this is what Michael wanted and did not want to be stopped.

"You are supposed to just take one of those you know"

"Yes. I know" Michael answered and Calum nodded. The bus was about to stop when Calum grabbed Michael's hand. It hurt Michael but he let Calum hold it.

"Think about this Michael. Take care" He said, kissed Michael's hand, got up and left. The kiss hurt more than ever. Not because of the cuts. It was because of the memories.

Michael started to feel really tired when the bus stopped on his station. Michael got off the bus and looked around. It was only a ten minutes' walk to Michael's get away place. He slowly started to walk along the road so he could get to the old and boring gravel road.

Many cars passed. Michael's vision started to get a bit blurry. He was walking slower.

Not long left.

Michael's phone started to ring. He took it out of his pocket and looked at the display. It was a number he did not know. He answered.

"It's Michael"

"Hi Michael, is Gretel" Shit.

"Hi Gretel"

"Michael where are you? Don't you dare do anything stupid" Her voice was stern and Michael tensed up.

"I told you to go up to my office when you went home tonight"

"I have not been up to your office yet. A man called me and told me you were going to do something stupid" Calum.

"I rather be with Luke than be here. I am alone. I have no one. I will never love again" Michael said while tears started to roll down his cheeks.

"Listen to me Michael Clifford. I promise you that you will find love again if you just don't do this"

"It is too late for me Gretel. Thank you for everything" Michael said before hanging up.

She called again. He did not answer. He kept walking, he finally got on the old gravel road and could feel his eyelids getting heavier than before.

While walking he remembered everything that happened in these woods. He had his first kiss in there. He had sex in there for the first time. He saw his brother dead here. He killed someone here. He is about to kill another one here.

Himself.    

♡♡♡