Richard. Chapter 12.

Michael's thoughts were not with him after the clock passed midnight. When he was talking to Luke and saw that the time was 12.03AM, he just disappeared.

It was eight years since Richard got hit and killed. It was also Richard's 26th birthday. Michael had been going to their place for seven years, at this time just talking to his lost brother. Wishing happy birthday and tell him he is missed.

"Michael, I am so sorry I did not know it was today" Luke whispered. Luke was holding Michael tight where they were standing in Luke's hall. "Mikey?"

"Yes"

"Are you okay?"

"No" Michael was not okay. He missed his brother more than ever. He could feel that he had a missing puzzle piece in his heart. It was just empty.

Luke.

"Can you go with me and meet my brother?" This shocked Michael himself. He had never brought anyone there this day. Not even Angela or Jimmy.

"Do you want me to?" Luke asked. His lips were touching Michael's ear and it sent shivers down his spine.

Do I want to?

"Yes"

Luke let go of Michael and started to put his shoes on. It was really cold outside so he also brought a jacket and a blanket. The two boys walked outside and Luke locked the door. Michael just watched his feet walking on the cold and hard ground.

Michael was not going to cry. He just get really nervous and get anxiety. He hated it. Somehow he felt nervous to talk to his brother, he only does it once a year. Richard felt more alive for some reason. Like he never left.

A hand brought Michael out of his thoughts. Luke's hand was now intertwined with Michael's. Luke's hand was warm against Michael's cold skin.

Holding Luke's hand calmed Michael down a bit. When they turned in to the woods on the small trail he always walked on he looked up for the first time. He met Luke's blue beautiful eyes. They looked so sad and worried. Michael gave him a small smile. Luke squeezed his hand.

They kept quiet and walking towards his place. When Michael saw the fir trees his heart dropped. He got flash backs from eight years ago.

He remember Richard telling Michael to mind his own business then the car came. A big truck. Richard got struck and driven over. The man driving got out and called the ambulance.

Michael remember those ten minutes when he just tried to talk to his brother. Richard's eyes were open, he was still breathing. Michael thought it was going to be okay.

They said he was going to be okay.

Michael had been holding his brother trying to get contact with him. Then the police came and pulled Michael away. Richard was dead. He stopped breathing in his arms. Michael will never forget the last thing he said.

"I'm sorry, I love you Mikey"

Michael stopped in his tracks and watched the fir trees. He got really nervous. He was shaking.

"Take your time Michael" Luke whispered and Michael nodded. Luke was really caring. Michael could not believe how amazing this boy was. Michael's life was fucked but still Luke liked being in his presence.

They walked under the trees, still holding each other's hands. Michael sat down on the wet and cold moss. Luke did the same right in front of Michael.

"I will like talk to him, if you find it weird I will stop. This is just something I do every year" Michael said. Luke reached over and grabbed Michael's other hand so they held both hands. Michael's heart started to beat faster and then he closed his eyes.

"Hi Richie, a year since last time huh?" Michael whispered. It was like he felt Richard being there. "Happy birthday, you would have turned 26 today"

"I broke up with Angela, you were right. I maybe should have waited with marriage. But you know, young and dumb. And you were not here to keep me from her" Michael said a bit louder now. A normal tone.

"Everything is going well with my business, the hotel have a lot of guests. Is that why you left earth Richie? So you would not have to work" Michael breathed out a laugh.

"Before I leave I want to introduce my friend, Luke Hemmings" Michael said and opened his eyes. Luke smiled. "He probably finds me insane right now but I want you to meet him"

"Hi Richard" Luke said and Michael looked up at his face again. Michael put on a grin on his face. Michael once again looked down at the ground.

"I love you Richie, I love you so much. I hate myself every day that I did not say it back when I had you in my arms" Michael said. The last part was just a whisper. "Good bye Richie, I love you"

"Beautiful" Luke said.

"You are beautiful Luke"

♡♡♡