Long story. Chapter 8.

"Can I ask what happened? Not only tonight. It seems like this has been going on for a long time" Luke asked sitting in front of Michael on his bed. Michael looked down on his fingers and his knuckles. They had never been this swollen before.

"Long story"

"We have time" Luke said. That made Michael look up at the younger boy. With a sigh he decided to tell him his life story that only about three living people knew.

"Okay well, my life started to go downhill when my only brother died after exploring this cabin. Before you lived here I believe. He got hit by a car and died, I saw my only brother dead, I held him as he took his last breaths. After that none of my parents acted normal. They loved me but they never showed it, it was like they had already died inside. Did not show emotions at all. Then I got married at age 20. I had known the girl for about 3 months when we got married. Everything was fine, me and my wife moved in to a house, tried to get a child. Did not succeed. We lived happily for 3 years" Michael stopped to catch his breath. He forgot to breathe while speaking.

He looked up at Luke who was watching him with a sad expression on his face. He closed his eyes and continued.

"My mother died of cancer a year ago. One month later my dad killed himself, shot himself with a gun, straight through the head. I was left with my wife and one friend. His name is Jimmy. They were my family, they were by my side and helped me through life. About two weeks ago I got home from work and then my wife told me she had been sleeping with Jimmy for about a month. I left her and lived in my car for a few nights. And that is the tragic life of Michael Clifford"

It felt like a big rock let go from his chest. It felt like he finally could breathe again. He felt almost happy Luke got to know this. He watched Luke where he was sitting in his bed in front of Michael. He looked shocked and sad.

"I'm so sorry Michael" Luke said and Michael shrugged. Luke moved closer and took Michael's hand in his again. "You should have told me" He said and looked at my knuckles. "Then I might had been able to stop you"

"It is not your fault Luke, thank you for listening" Michael said and watched the boy stroke his thumbs over Michael's tiny hand. Luke had huge hands.

"That's what friends are for" Luke whispered.

I want to kiss him.

Michael smiled at Luke's statement. He felt much better now. Jimmy was wrong. Someone likes him. Michael has a friend.

They were quiet for a long time. Michael looked at the clock on the wall, 08.03pm. He should be going home soon but he did not want to leave. He wanted to be with Luke.

Luke were playing with Michael's fingers carefully. His hands were so soft against Michael's dry and broken skin. Everything about this boy was perfect. It made Michael look horrible.

Michael did not have clear skin. Michael did not have soft and beautiful lips. Michael did not have nice thick hair. Michael did not have a slim and nice body. Michael did not even have soft hands.

"Do you want to stay the night?" Luke asked. "You don't have to of course but I mean we're working at the same place now and you have a car so I was wondering if I could go with you, just the first day of course! You won't have to get me every day I'm working. I can always walk. Only takes an hour if I take the right short cuts, and you could take my bed, It's clean I promise! Change every week! I will sleep on the floor, I'm fine with that"

He is so cute.

Michael put on a fond smile on his lips. The younger boy can turn so quickly. He can be so grown up and suddenly change to a 13 year old.

"If it is okay for your parents then I would be happy to stay the night, it is probably the best for me to not sleep in my lonely apartment" Michael said and Luke seemed to get really excited. "But you take the bed and I take the floor"

"Not with your bad back, I sleep on the floor" Michael smiled. He is so caring. Michael would get his way, he just knew it. But he let it be for now.

They were just hanging out for a few hours. They would have to get up at 6am to go to work, and Michael had to fix clothes for Luke too. They also had to stop by Michael's apartment. They were talking about a lot of stuff. They talked about each other's lives. Fun things. Good memories.

Luke had laid down a long time ago. Talking with his eyes closed. Michael took his chance to watch Luke where he was laying. After a few seconds he was gone. Fast asleep. Michael smiled and got down on the floor. He laid down and took the pillow Luke had brought to himself.

"Mikey" Shivers down his spine once again. "Come here, I don't want you to hurt your back" Luke said and opened up his blanket.

Is this weird? It is.

"Okay" Michael got up and sat down on the side of the bed. He slowly laid down on his back. Luke's pillow was really soft. It smelled like him. Luke put the blanket over Michael's body and turned to his side. The touch made Michael go crazy. He wanted to hold this boy.

Stop being so creepy Michael.

Michael turned to his side, he was facing Luke's back. Michael knew he had to sleep but his mind was not letting him relax.

Worthless.

Michael felt worthless. He could feel the tears burn under his eyelids. Fuck. Michael hated crying. No one likes crying. But crying for Michael was horrible. If he started then he would be a mess. Panic attacks was normal too.

Am I getting a panic attack?

Michael turned to the other way. He had to get Luke out of his mind.

I cannot even get a boy to like me.

Michael's skin started to burn again.

This is not healthy.

♡♡♡