Too late. Chapter 18.

Walking on the small path made Michael feel good. He felt happy. Michael was once again swallowing two pills. He walked slower than usual. To just see everything one last time. The woods felt like home for Michael.

He walked past the big rock, but this time he stayed and studied it. He searched through it and found a small text written on it. His mouth dropped in to a frown. There was two names. 'Michael' and 'Richard'. They wrote that when they were really small. He missed his brother as much as he missed Luke.

He walked past the birch tree, he did not stop this time. He would feel how he just wanted to lay down. He saw his favourite place in the world in front of him. He walked a bit faster towards it and stopped right in front of the fir trees. It has been almost half a year since he was here the last time. He had no idea how he would react.

"Luke, I am doing this for you" Michael whispered. Michael took a step and walking under the tree. Everything looked normal. Too normal. This place is not a normal place.

This place is where Michael had been at his happiest and saddest. This is a place where he fell in love from first sight.

Michael walked towards the stone wall and sat down with his back against the wall. It was cold and wet. It was early February and spring was on its way. But it did not matter because Michael was leaving the world soon. Michael opened the jar and poured out the rest of his pills. One after one he swallowed them.

His mouth was getting really dry. But he kept swallowing them. His stomach started to hurt. Michael smiled at the pain. It felt like knife stabs in his stomach every time, he loved it. When he swallowed the last pill he laid down on the ground.

He was laying on his back facing the sky. The sky was grey and it looked like rain was on its way. He reached for the drawing of Luke. He looked at it one last time.

"I love you Luke Robert Hemmings" He whispered as the tears started to stream down his face. "I never got the chance to tell you that"

Michael put the drawing on his stomach and placed his arms on the side of his body. He slowly closed his eyes.

"I will finally be free" He whispered.

He could feel his body breaking down.

His heart was beating slower.

His brain could not think straight.

He lost his feeling in his feet and hands.

He was going numb.

He was dying.

On his chest the drawing of a golden boy was laying. On the chest of a dying boy. In the distance the boy could hear faint shouts. His name was called over and over again. But that did not matter. Michael Gordon Clifford was dying.

It was too late for him.

The end.

♡♡♡

Yes that was the end of The golden boy. I hope you all liked it! Thank you.

// Lin