Dinner. Chapter 11.

"This is my favourite restaurant, maybe we could buy food and bring home to your mum?" Michael said while driving towards his favourite restaurant 'The Bull restaurant'. He had been gong there since he was just a kid.

Before everything went wrong.

"It looks really fancy" Luke whispered.

"It is fine, it is not too expensive and you get a lot of food on one plate" Michael said and smiled towards the boy. He nodded slowly and smiled back.

Michael parked the car and walked inside. He loved the vibe of the restaurant. It looked pretty old school and rustic. They also had a huge menu with a lot to choose from.

The restaurant was actually owned by Michael's dad's friend. He was called the Bull, but he sold it after the death of Michael's father. He had not seen the Bull in many years now.

"Hi, Michael, have not seen you in a while! What can I serve you today?" Linda said. She had been taking his orders for many years now. She was just a few years older than Michael, short sweet girl with blonde hair.

"Hi Linda. I am actually here with a friend today, do you think we can bring food with us?" Michael said and Linda smiled.

"Yes of course, you are one of our favourite guests" Linda said. "I give you a few minutes to look through the menu, can I get you two something to drink?"

"I will be fine with just a medium coke, do you want anything Luke?" Michael asked and he looked down on the drink options.

"Could I have a mojito?" Luke asked Michael and he nodded. Linda wrote it down and walked away.

"Have you had a mojito before?" Michael asked and Luke nodded.

"Yes, dad is a bartender at night so he makes it sometimes when he has got extra tip so we can pay for what we need" Luke said and Michael nodded.

They looked down on the menus. Michael already knew what he was getting. Flying Jacob with extra cheese.

"There is so much food to choose from" Luke said and Michael nodded.

"Yes, they have like ten chefs so they make it work. What do you like to eat? Pasta, beef, potatoes of some kind?" Michael asked and started to search for possible things to recommend.

"I like pasta"

"Then you have to try this dish, it is pasta with a pesto sauce and the best cheese in the world on top" Michael said and pointed to number 37. "You can have chicken on top too if you want" Luke nodded.

"Okay I take that, mum and dad would probably choose number 45 and 28" Luke said.

"Okay, so a 37, 45, 28 and 22 it is then"

Linda came back with our drinks and Michael told her what they wanted. She would get the food in boxes for them. Michael and Luke had a small talk about everything. Mostly music. Michael got to know that Luke also is a My Chemical Romance fan but he prefer Nirvana and All time low.

Michael had found someone that was like him. Michael took his jacket off and rolled his sleeves up a bit. It was getting hot inside of the restaurant.

"I didn't know you had a tattoo" Luke said and looked down on Michael's arm. Michael also looked down on his dark tattoo. It was the second tattoo he got. He has about 7 now.

"Oh yea, I got this when I was 17" Michael answered. Luke reached his hand over the table and touched Michael's skin.

"What is it?" Luke asked.

"I am not sure. I thought it looked cool" Michael said with a shrug. "I do not have a single tattoo with a meaning really"

"I want to get a tattoo for my mother and father because they have been amazing parents" Luke said still touching Michael's skin. Soft touches. Luke did not remove his hand from Michael's arm. They kept talking about tattoos. Planning different tattoos they wanted. Linda came back with their food and they left the restaurant. Michael gave Linda a big tip.

It was about 7pm when Michael parked his car outside of Luke's home. The thought of the cabin still gave him shivers.

They walked inside and Liz greeted the two boys with a hug. Michael gladly hugged the old woman. Michael met Luke's father who was home early. They all sat down at the table and they all had a big meal. Liz kept telling Michael that she would pay him back, but Michael did not want their money. He is just happy to help them.

The family and Michael finished their food but stayed at the table talking. Michael got to know a lot about their situation. Liz knew what was wrong with her, she just did not know what medication she needed, if it even existed. She had worked at a hotel, being close to buying a hotel herself, but she got sick.

Luke's father, Andrew, was working at a restaurant and a night club. He was happy with his jobs, but he also said he wish he earned more.

He also got to know Luke had two older brothers, Jack and Ben. They moved out three years ago due to their economic situation. It sadden Michael. But he liked Luke's family, he liked them a lot.

Andrew had to leave for his night shift at the club and Liz was getting tired. Michael and Luke took care of the dishes while Liz got ready for bed. They had a small chat.

"Thank you so much Michael" Luke whispered after a few minutes of silence. Michael took the wet plate Luke gave him and dried it with a towel.

"I am happy to help you, I like your family" Michael said and put the plate up in the cabinet right over him.

"They like you too, I can tell" Luke said and smiled at Michael who smiled back. "Last plate" He added and Michael dried it off. They drained the sink and walked towards the door.

"Are you going home?" Luke asked and Michael checked the time. 10.30PM.

"Is it okay if I stay here for a bit?" Michael asked and Luke nodded with a smile. He looked really excited. Luke reached for Michael's hand and grabbed it. He almost pulled Michael upstairs, like the last time.

They ended up watching a movie. They were sitting really close through the whole movie. When it ended Michael once again checked the time. 11.50PM. He could feel the anxiety just go through his veins. His heart was hurting really badly.

It is too close.

"I have to go now" Michael said. Luke looked up from the screen and pouted.

He needs to stop that before I grab his pretty face and kisses it.

"Okay, let me follow you downstairs" Michael nodded and the two boys stood up. "What are you going to do? Just go home and sleep?" Luke asked and rested against the wall, watching Michael put his shoes on.

"I will do, I just need to be somewhere for a bit first" Michael said.

8 years ago.   

♡♡♡