So close. Chapter 9.

Michael was really tired, he had quietly been crying for hours last night. He got some sleep in the end though. Waking up like this was something he had missed.

He woke up beside someone for the first time in a few weeks. Liz was still asleep when the boys woke up. Luke's dad had either went to work or not come home from work yet. Michael was not sure.

They were now sitting in Michael's car driving towards Michael's apartment. Michael kept looking over at the blonde boy beside him. He looked really sleepy.

"Are you exited for work?" Michael asked and he could feel Luke's eyes on him.

"I actually am. I hope I will be able to help my parents and maybe dad won't have to work so much" Luke said. Michael smiled. He sounded so thankful.

Michael turned the radio on. He hated the music on the radio. He also hated when it was quiet and both of them was way too tired to have a good conversation.

Michael parked his car on the side of the road, they were just going to be in the apartment for a few minutes. Michael got out and Luke did the same. Michael looked over at Luke and smiled. The boy was checking the building out, he watched it with awe. Michael led the way. He pressed in the code to the building and the got in to an elevator. Michael rested his back against the wall.

Luke stood right beside him. Really close. Their shoulders were touching then Luke put his head on Michael's shoulder.

Breathe Michael.

He did not want to move. He wanted the boy to stay as long as he could. This close to Michael. Sadly it all ended when the elevator door opened and they had to get out. Michael got out with Luke close after. They walked up to his apartment door and if Michael remember right he did not lock it.

He was right. Michael simply opened the door and got in. Music was still playing on the stereo. He left his phone connected to the speaker in his painting room.

"I am going to change clothes, you can do whatever you want, and eat whatever you want" Michael told Luke who nodded. "Toilet is to the left, kitchen to the right"

Michael walked in to his bedroom after he got his phone. Then straight in to his walk in closet. He changed his clothes, he should shower but he will do that tonight instead. After getting dressed he walked out to find Luke in his bed.

"This bed is the softest and comfiest bed I've ever been in" Luke said and pressed the pillow closer to his chest. The sight made Michael feel happy inside. Almost so happy that his heart hurt. He smiled again.

This boy makes Michael's heart feel good. It has not felt like this before. Ever.

"What time do we have to be there?" Luke asked.

"About 8, that is when you start, I start whenever I want" Michael said and Luke nodded.

"We have at least an hour, can we rest here for a bit?" he asked with a yawn. Michael nodded.

"Of course, do you want anything?" Michael asked and rested against the wall.

"No, just lay down you too Michael, we did not get enough sleep last night" Luke said and closed his eyes. He nodded even though he knew Luke could not see him.

Michael walked to the other side of his king-sized bed. He laid down facing Luke's back. He was not laying close. Michael could impossibly sleep now. He was too focused on the boy sleeping in his bed. They were alone. Together.

Luke started to move a bit after a while and then he rolled around. He rolled all the way to Michael's side. Luke was now facing Michael still having his eyes closed. Luke's face was only inches from Michael's face.

Without realising it Michael moved closer to Luke. Michael's heart was beating way too fast to be healthy. But it all felt right in this moment.

Michael's leg now touched Luke's leg. His face was so close that he could feel the boy's breath on his own lips. Michael moved his hand up to Luke's hand. He stopped right before taking Luke's hand in his. He saw his knuckles. They were purple and disgusting.

Disgusting.

Michael had never thought it was disgusting a day after. He had always seen it as another success. But not this time. Michael watched his knuckles closely. He could see all the old cuts still, the scars. The purple colour that always appears after a heartbreak made Michael sad instead of happy.

Luke grabbed Michael's hand. This made Michael jump a bit. He looked up at Luke's face. Luke was now looking down on their hands. The boy slowly dragged his fingertips over the cuts, he pulled their hands closer to his face and kissed Michael's hand softly. Like the time Luke found Michael dealing with his heartbreak in the woods.

Michael once again watched the younger boy's face. His eyes were now closed and still had his lips connecting to Michael's hand. He was placing small kisses all over Michael's hand. Michael could not believe that this was happening.

Suddenly Luke's eyes opened and looked straight in to Michael's. His blue eyes was shining in the dark.

This boy is beautiful.

Luke slowly moves his face closer to Michael's. Their noses were now touching. They would not take their eyes off each other. Michael's eyes flickered down to Luke's lips for a split second. Luke got the hint and moved his mouth closer to Michael's while closing his eyes.

A loud beeping noise filled the room and it made the two boys jump and move away from each other.

God dammit.

Luke was blushing a lot, his cheeks went almost red. Michael looked the same. Luke cleared his voice and turned the alarm off on his phone.

"It's time to leave for work"

So close.   

♡♡♡