It is over. Chapter 3.

Second night in his car did not make his back any happier. Michael once again woke up in his green Jeep on the gravel road in the woods. He got up but did not bother to get dressed all fancy. It was Saturday. Today he was going to go to his old house, tell Angela he is moving out and get all his belongings in his car, ready to find his own place.

Michael heard a stick cracking in the woods. He looked up, heart racing. There he was again. The boy. Dressed in black skinny jeans, red and black flannel shirt and a beanie on his head. He was walking slowly, he has not seen Michael. Hopefully. Michael found his situation really embarrassing. Michael, a millionaire sleeping in his old and scabby Jeep because he never felt the need for a second house.

Michael noted the sad look on the boys face.

Michael watched the boy, he walked past the big rock covered in moss. He was going to Michael's place.

No, stop. It's not your property.

Michael felt the urge to follow the boy, but he did not. Michael simply got in to the driver seat and drove towards the place he once called home.

Walking inside of this big grey house had never been this hard before. Michael pulled the handle down and walked inside. He did not feel like looking for Angela, he did not want to see her face. If she wanted to see him she needs to see him first.

He walked over to the closet they had under the stairs, right to the left in the hallway that led to the kitchen. If someone just saw this house they would not believe it was as expensive as it was. It is the location of it that gives it the price. It is quite unique. A lake in the back and forest all around it his neighbourhood. Michael never liked it.

He got his big suitcase out, it was yellow, bright yellow. He never liked it either. Angela bought it. He walked in to the kitchen. Still no Angela and brought his two favourite mugs. The black one with a unicorn on it. And a purple one with a bear on it. He got the purple one from Richard when Michel turned 15, last birthday they had together.

Michael also brought his cutlery, it was really expensive and he always liked the design of them. He put them in a box and down his suitcase. He felt done in his kitchen. He walked in to his old living room. He only wanted one thing in there. A picture of Richard right when he had turned 17. The day he died.

Michael turned around and met Angela's angry eyes. She looked really mad. If she was a cartoon there would be coming smoke out of her ears.

"Where the hell have you been?"

None of your business.

"In the woods" Michael walked past her and she followed him upstairs.

"Why did you not come home? We could have fixed everything"

Nothing to fix.

"It's over Angela. We are nothing"

"Michael please don't say that, we have been together for 5 years!"

Four.

"I'm moving out, good luck paying the rent" Michael just answered, he knew she was not able to pay for the house. She works in a grocery shop.

He was done talking. Angela kept asking questions that Michael refused to answer. He packed his favourite clothes and then took his toothbrush and the toothpaste he bought and turned around to face Angela.

"Are you done?" He asked and she got quiet.

"We are never getting back together. I am going to find my own place and you should probably start selling this house and find your new one about right now before the month is over because I do not believe you could pay the rent by yourself. I am saying this to help you. I am going and if you see me in town I want you to not look at me or say anything to me, okay?" Michael said and Angela was just nodding. Slowly.

Her blonde hair was up in a messy bun. Her thin body was almost shaking. Michael did not feel bad at all. Not a single bit.

After that he closed his ugly yellow suitcase and walked out to his Jeep. On his way he also brought a pillow and a duvet. He did not know how many more nights he had to sleep in his car. He hoped it would not be for too many nights.

Parking the car on the same spot as the two days earlier felt good in some way for Michael. He was free. No more heartbreaks. He now have nothing. No friend. No family. No partner. Nothing can hurt him anymore. Only the memories. But Michael have taught himself to not let his memories come back.

Michael got out of his car. It was a bit windy outside, the leaves on the trees made a comfortable sound when they moved with the wind. He looked at the top of the trees. It looked like the trees were dancing with each other. Slowly.

Michael got down on his knees and looked out in the woods. It was getting really dark already. Winter was coming. He hopped he would have found an apartment before the snow arrived.

It could be hard to get an apartment in this town. The people selling them might not actually do it. They put up ads and then cancel them. That is how the people in this town work.

When it was really dark he decided to do something he has not done for so many years. But he still kept a backup for one day he needed it. And that time was now. He got it out from under the seat. A pitch black package with cigarettes. Michael lit the fag and took a blow. He could feel the nicotine enter his bloodstream. He had missed this feeling.

"Hey" Michael's body froze in fear.

♡♡♡