Chapter 4 - The Alpha Prime

MegNegron I'm already in love with you :). Thank you for your votes and comments!
************************************

Liana stiffened above me, and suddenly I felt weighed down, as if someone was crushing my soul. I still mustered my energy and kept running, but I had no idea why I had suddenly lost the will to fight.

It took me some moments to realize that Liana's emotions were affecting me. I was running by instinct, but my mind was distracted, feeling the intense pain and heartbreak she was feeling. I collapsed onto my knees right then, gasping for air as her overwhelming emotions suffocated me.

I was panting, and Liana was still on my back, not even realizing that we had stopped. She looked still and lifeless, her eyes fixed at a distance. She no longer radiated any emotion, just blankness and numbness. The comforting air around her was long gone and I had no idea what to do.

I somehow stood up, with her still on my back. I had managed to reach the place where we had left out breakfast. I worried for a moment if the wolves could follow our scent—

No, they cannot. As I told you before, a Luna is born with the survival skills. When you panic and prepare to run away from something or someone, adrenaline courses through your body, along with another hormone that manages to hide your scent. There is no way anyone can trace you or Liana...yet.

That was a relief to hear, honestly. I would have ripped off my hair rather then coming anywhere near Adrian Wolfe, right now. I still had no idea how I could get Liana back to normal, and all I could do right now was comfort her.

"Hey. Liana." I whispered, sitting down next to where I had put her down. She lied down, facing the cloudless sky for a while, our ears still alert for howls.

"Come on, let's eat something. Then we'll talk, okay?"

She nodded slowly, looking back to me. She wasn't crying, and her eyes were blank. The numbness she was emitting was making me uncomfortable, and I did my best in radiating my own comforting waves.

Are the emotions of a Luna that strong?

The emotions of every female wolf are strong. For common she-wolves, only their mates and their children can feel it. But for the Lunas, the entire jurisdiction under their mate can feel it. For you and Liana, the whole kingdom would have felt it, but since you are too far from your mates and the core of Were Kingdom, the wolves cannot feel your emotions, yet.

And this is one of the reasons Lunas are pampered and kept happy and satisfied. Or else it can affect the entire kingdom, mated or not. My wolf told me.

Liana did a good thing staying with humans, then, didn't she?

Yes.

I laid out our breakfast and we ate in silence. Liana was hurting so much inside, I was too, but we had different reasons.

I was hurting because I had realized that Adrian was not going to make any move to find me, nor was he missing me. I wished, my wolf too, that he felt at least something for me, something that would compel him to find me.

"Luna!" I heard a voice and stiffened, the unfamiliar voice and scent making me alert. Soon, I didn't feel my wolf as well as my pure blood and was left human.

I felt so empty all of a sudden.

We both turned around, Liana's face etched with confusion. She looked at the guard, whom I had seen in the morning, and he was now running towards where we were sitting down peacefully and eating.