Chapter 23 - Something Amiss

With time, I got comfortable in the Vampire Kingdom. Everyone, Lazarus included, was wary of me in the beginning, and made sure not to reveal insider secrets in front of me. Many times, Aiden and Lazarus had this silent communication thing going on between them and I realized Lazarus was probably asking time and again if I was really that worthy of trust.

Apart from that, they hid nothing from me and were quite when it came to discussing about the Kingdom. I was told that since I was the second in command's mate, I would be having certain responsibilities too, especially since Lazarus' wife was no longer alive.

All of  that after my mating rituals with Aiden were complete.

Aiden was always the attentive gentleman and never left me alone. Since I had nothing to do in the huge castle, I had resorted to cooking for myself and then training with the other vampires to pass my time. It just made me more confident in my human form and Aiden was always there, encouraging me in every step of the way.

With what Liana had taught me and what I was learning from the Vampires, the fighting styles were quite different. While the Werewolves had certain rules while fighting, vampires were random with their fighting techniques.

All that mattered  to me that I was learning to fight.

Everything felt better and I felt like I was moving on to a new life entirely, and that was all because of Aiden.

He really was earning my love, and I his. We spent a lot of time getting to know each other, and I knew I was glowing with happiness. We made out a lot, and he always managed to leave me a horny mess afterwards. He was being incredibly patient with me, even when I was the one who  wanted to hurry things along, and he never brought up the topic of my other mate. Even his name was never spoken of between us and I liked it that way.

Since Aiden and I spent a lot of time together, it left me little time to ever think about Adrian.

But it was then I realised that I did miss him a little. Something always felt missing and I wondered that this feeling would only go away when I will have a hot threesome with both my mates.

My face burned hot as erotic images went through my mind with me being ravished by both of them at the same time.

I shivered with pleasure, and then sighed.

I knew that would never be possible; both the males weren't the ones to share. They would rather rip each other apart than be naked together with their woman; and another man who wanted to claim the woman at the same time.

And very obviously, a threesome wasn't what I really wanted. I just wanted someone to love me, and now that someone was Aiden.

Even though a part of me still wanted Adrian and there were time when I wanted to intrude in his dreams just like he had done in mine that day, I stopped myself remembering that it wasn't fair to the three of us.

And I was still hurt. I was lucky I found Aiden when I did - I couldn't think of how I would've been if he hadn't been here. 

Whenever he kissed me, my insides would turn to mush and light up at the same time. The tingles that wreaked havoc on my body consumed me completely, and I could see fireworks every time. It was everything they describe in a hot, romantic novel, yet I couldn't put to words how hot he made me for him.

Every time.

And every time, I would be so close to having him love me the way I wanted him to. I would seduce him in every way possible, get him hard in seconds, make him almost come in his pants, but every time, he managed to get himself under control. It was unbelievable and sometimes I would think that there were other reasons that caused him to abstain but he always assured me that it was because he wanted to get in my heart first and then in my pants.