Chapter 9 - Talk it Out

You might want to wait till I mark the story complete, because I am editing and modifying the story and you might become confused.

*******************************

I walked away, far enough that I couldn't feel the couple's desperate emotions anymore. But then I realised I was all alone with a pair of eyes still staring at me.

"Once and for all, just stop it, Adrian! What do you want now? My life?" I growled, annoyed because for the first time I had seen him with Delia and it had disturbed me. "You keep coming back again and again. You were the one who had said that I needed to stay away in the first place."

"Keep your voice low, babe." Adrian appeared out of the bushes looking delicious with those wonderful abs on display, all for me. My mouth went dry when he came to stand near me in just his shorts with his heat radiating towards me, making me want to lean in closer.

Just how good would it feel to lick and kiss all his pecs—

No, Celeste! No! You are supposed to be pissed at him!

"I would speak as loudly as I wish to." I flipped my hair over my shoulder the moment I snapped out of my thoughts.

He smirked and ran his fingers through his hair, flexing all his pecs and muscles as he did that, keenly aware of how he affected me. My mouth watered now and I gulped slowly, forcing my eyes to stay fixed at a point behind him.

"If you want to fight, then we'll do that, but not so loudly and not here – that is if you don't want another rebellion to start." He shrugged and again I had to force my eyes from looking down.

"You really want to fight?" I groaned, "No."

"No?" He raised a brow.

"No," I answered firmly. "I want to go back home."

He smirked again and stepped closer, without me realising that I was completely trapped between him and a tree.

I was so stupid.

And he was such an asshole.

"Home?" Adrian murmured as he took another step close.

"Yes, home."

"Well, babe," He drawled, the same way he usually did, "I guess it's time for you to change your home," His eyes grew darker and his voice held gravity, "I would be a fool to let you stay alone with the humans without a trained warrior always with you. Now that Liana stays here, I don't think you have anything else left to do across the MoonLine, since you resigned from your job and all."

My eyes narrowed up at him, "And where should I make a new home? Here? In the Were Kingdom? And what would be my job? You have Delia to do that at the moment."

He gritted his teeth, "Will you stop being so stubborn about everything?" He ran his fingers through his hair, again and again, I was distracted.

"Do you realise that I have an actual reason to be so stubborn. I'm going back home - to the same place where I've been staying for the past so many years." I held up my chin, glaring at him.

"You're getting yourself into unnecessary danger by going there and living . You'll be safe here, in this kingdom protected by me and the guards-"

In the blink of an eye, I had a hold on his throat and had shifted places, pushing him against the tree hard enough that there was an indent left in its bark. But it didn't seem to have any effect on him. Adrian's hands closed around my wrists as he smirked, and continued to do so even though I kept squeezing his throat harder.