chapter 9 you jump i jum

That night the girls went to their room. Jose watched her mother cry and destroy the room.she undid her hair, tore her necklace off .then she ran from the room her daughter following her all the way to the back of the ship.
Rose ran past Jack who was lying down on a beach. Jack saw them and followed them .
Rose climbed over the rail , Josie looked at her mother with tears running down her cheeks .
Josie" m-mommy stop, mommy no
Jack"don't do it"
Rose and Josephine looked at Jack . Jack put his hand on Josie shoulder .
Jack"I got this alright " Josie nodded at him.
Rose" stay back ! don't come any closer!
Jack sees tears running Josie cheeks and on Rose's cheeks.
He looked at Rose.
Jack"take my hand, I pull you back in"
Rose" no ! stay were you are . I mean it I let go.
Jack"no your won't"
Rose looked back at him
Rose" what do you mean no I won't? Don't presume to tell me what I will and will not do. You don't know me.
Jack" well you would have done it already, Come take my hand.
Rose was confused, she couldn't see very well though the tears, so she wipes them with one hand , almost losing her balance.
Rose" your distracting me. Go away.
Jack"I can't. I'm involved now . If you let go, I  have to jump in after you.
Rose" don't be absurd. you be killed"
Jack takes off his jacket .
Jack"I'm a good swimmer"
He started to take off his left shoe
Rose"the fall alone will kill you"
Jack"it will hurt not saying that it.not saying it won't. To be honest I'm a little concerned about that water being so cold .
He started to take off his right shoe .
Rose looked down at the water and back to Jack.
Rose" how cold"
Jack" freezing,maybe a couple degrees over"
"Ever been to Winsconson"
Rose"no"
Jack" well they have the coldest winters around. I grew up there, near Chippewa falls. Once when I was a kid my dad and I went ice fishing. Ice fishing in lake wissota
Ice fishing is a hole chop in the
Rose "I know what I'm fishing is!
Jack" sorry, just  look  kind like a indoor girl. Anyway I fall in some thin ice, I'm telling you water that cold like right down there it hits you like a thousand knives. You can't move, you can't think only about pain. That's why I not jumping in after you , but what I said I don't really have a choice so I kinda hoping you come back over the rail and get me off the hook here"
Rose" your crazy"
Jack"that's what everyone says, but I'm not the one hanging off the back of a ship.
"Come on. You don't want to do this".
Jack reached out for Rose's hand.
Rose turned around and gave him her hand .
Rose" alright"
Jack took both of Rose's hands.
Jack"I'm Jack Dawson"
Rose"Rose Dewitt Bukater"
Jack" the child name"
Rose bit her lower lip then said
Josephine or Josie  Rose  Rose took a deep breath and continued . Dawson.
Jack was pulling Rose up until she slipped .
Rose "aahhhh help me"!
Josephine"mommy!
Jack"I got you"
Rose" please help me !
Jack finally got Rose back over the rail and landed on the deck floor.
Josephine ran to her mother and cryed in her shoulder.
Two crew officers ran to the scene .
First officer "What's all this!
fresh master of arms".