chapter 25

Hockley in and run to the railing. Looking down at the family and sees them embracing each other.
Lovejoy comes up behind Cal placing a restraining hand on him, but cal wipes around grabbing the pistol from Lovejoy's wastband.
He runs along the rail and down the stairs. He reaches the landing above them he raises the gun and fires. Jack pulls Rose and Josephine to the stairs going to the next deck.  Cal tries again, running down the steps towards them. A bullet blows a divet  out of the oak panelling behind Jack's
head, has he pulls Rose and Josephine down the next flight of stairs.
Hockley steps on the skittering head of the cherub statue and go sprawling. The gun clatters to the marble floor, He gets up grabbing the gun.
The bottom of the grand staircase is flooded several feet deep. Jack and Rose tightened there grip on Josie, to keep her above the water. They run across the room floor slops up, until they reach dry footing at the entrance to the dining saloon.
Hockley fires twice but misses he fires again, but soon realizes that there are no more bullets.
Hockley"I hope you joy your time together!" He stands up straight and starts to laugh.
Lovejoy comes walking to him.
Lovejoy"What could be possible funny."
Cal"I put the diamond in the coat, AND I Put THE coat On HER!"

With Jack Rose and Josephine
The family starts to hear crying.
Jack"its going to be alright sweetie. No need to cry.
Josie"that's not me Daddy."
Rose and Jack look at each other, and turn around to see a little boy around 3 crying.
Rose"we can't leave him."
Jack nodded and passed Josephine to her mother.
Jack picked up the boy and turns to the doors at the end of the hall. The doors looked like they were going to burst open, due to the pressure of the water.
Jack"back,go back!"
Jack and run back the way they came with the kids in their arms. A man comes from the other way and sees the boy, in Jack arms and cry's out. Grabbing the child in Jack's arms. He than runs off the other way.
Rose"No, No not that way, come back!"
The water than burst through the doors. Rose screamed and picked up Josie ,and rushed up the stairs with Jack behind them.
Jack slams against the gate gripping the bars. A terrified steward turns around to run at the sight of the water, thundering up the stairs.
Jack"Wait!wait! Help us ! Please! Unlock the gate!"
Rose" Help! Please!"

Steward"bloody 'ell"
The steward turns around and fiddle with the keys and drops them."I'm sorry I dropped the keys." He turns around and run up the stairs.
Rose"No come back! Please!"
Josie"Please come back! "
Jack takes a deep breath and dive under the water, searching for the keys. While the water rising rapidly.
Rose" hurry Jack, Jack !"
Holding Josie closer to her.
Josie"Daddy, Daddy!"
Jack dives down and reaches for the keys, grabbing them and opening up the gate.
Once the gate is open the family runs up the stairs, on the to the top deck.