chapter 17 the party

Third class general room
Music was playing,
People are dancing and laughing
Everyone was dancing or drinking.
Rose was sitting at a table with Tommy and the other men watching Jack and Josie dancing.
The music had stopped and everyone stopped dancing and clapped, and a new song started.
Jack looked down at his daughter
Jack"I'm going to dance with your mother okay."
Josie"okay". she went over and sat next to Tommy.
Rose and Jack started to dance.
Rose"I don't know the steps.
Jack"just move with me.don't think.
Rose"wait...stop" she bends down, pulling off her high healed shoes and flings them to Tommy then she grabs Jack and they plunge into the fray, dancing faster as the music speeds up.
A table gets knocked over as a drunk crushes into it, and in the middle of it rose is dancing with Jack in her stocking feet. The steps are fast and she is shines with sweat. A space opens around them, clapping as the band plays faster and faster.

Frabizo and Helga start to dance he whirls her then she reponds by whirling him.. Frabizo eyes go wide when he realizes she is a lot stronger than he is.

The tune in in a mad rush Rush. Jack steps away from rose with a flourish , allowing her to take a bow.
Jack"how are you three doing"
Fabrizio"I don't know what she says, she don't know what I say so we get along fine"
Tommy walks up with a pint for each of them . Rose chugs her's, showing off.
Everyone stares at her.
Rose"what you think a first class girl can't drink" she laughed a little.
Josie"can I have a sip?
Rose"I don't think your going to like it"she gives her glass to Josie.
Josie takes a sip"it tastes like raspberries"everyone laughed but Helga who looked confused.
Then some drunk man bumped into her and she spilled her drink.
Jack"get out of here"he pushes the man.he looked at rose"your ok?"
Rose nodded and laughed.
Everyone starts dancing again.
Rose walks over to the table and Tommy cigarette out of his mouth.
Rose"so, you think you are a big though men, let's see you do this"
She backs up from the table and lift up her dress a little "hold this for me Jack "and stood in a ballet position and started to get the tip of big toe. Than she screams in pain and falls in Jack's arms.
Jack"your OK"smiling down at her .
Rose"I haven't done that in years" everyone laughed.
At the door Lovejoy watches though the gap. He sees Jack holding rose . Both of them and Josie laughing.
Everyone is dancing again Fabrizio wraps his arm around rose's she wraps her's around Jack's and he does the same with Josie rose and Josie are laughing.

The Stars Blaze overhead, so bright and clear you can see the Milky Way. Rose Josie and Jack walks along the row of Life boats . still giddy from the party. They are seeing a popular "song Come Josephine in my flying machine"

Jack/Josie/Rose "come Josephine to my flying machine up she goes in the air she goes where, there she goes!

Rose"it's it magnificent, so grand and endless"
She goes to the rail and leans on it.
Rose"they're such small people... My crowd. They think they are Giants on Earth. There not even Giants in God's eye. They live in a tiny little champagne bubble and someday that bubble is going to burst.
Jack"your not one of them, it's been a mistake".
Rose"a mistake?"
Jack"you are sent to the wrong address"he said smile and laughing.
Rose"I did, didn't i ?"she laughing with a smile.
She points to a star"look a shooting star"
Jack"wow that was a long one, she know my dad say when you see a shooting star it is a soul going to heaven"
Rose"I like that, are you supposed to wish on it"
Jack looks at her "What would you wish for"
Rose looked over at Jack"for something I can't have" she smiles sadly.
Rose"goodnight Jack , come on Josie .
Josie"night Daddy" she hugged him and he returned it.
Jack"good night sweetie"
He kisses her forehead.
They both walk through the first class entrance.
Jack"Rose, Josie!"
But the door brangs shut.they are gone. Back to her world.

April 14 1912
A bright clear day. Sunlight splashing across the promenade side Rose, Josie and cal are having breakfast in silence. The tension is palpable Trudy Bolt in her maid uniform pours the coffee and apple juice for Josie and goes inside.
Cal"I thought you would come to me last night Rose."
Rose"I was tired, so I fell asleep with Josie"
Cal"yes, your both exertion below decks were not doubt exhausting"
Josie started to get uncomfortable and scared so she student her chair towards her mother.
Rose" I see you had that undertaker of a mansuvent follow us"
Cal"you two never behave like that again. Do you understand?"
Josie held onto her mother's hand and rose tightened her grip slightly on her hand.
Rose"Cal I'm not one of your foremen in your mills than you can command! I'm your fiance..
Cal explodes( and Josie stats crying.) Stepping the breakfast china plate off the table with a crash.( Josie buries her head in her mother's arm and cry's harder) he moves to Rose( Josie runs behind her mother's chair and bends down to her knees and covers her ears and getting more scared.) In one shocking moment , glowering over her and gripping the sides of her chair, so she is trapped between his arms.
"Yes! you are! and my wife...in practice if not by law. So you will honor me as a wife is required to honor her husband! I will not be made out a fool! Is this anyway unclear?

Rose strinks into the chair. She sees Trudy, Josie slowly comes out from hidding and Rose hugs her.

Rose"we.. had a little accident. We're sorry Trudy.