chapter 16 dinner part 2

Jack"I work my way to place to place . Tramp steamers and such. I won my ticket on Titanic here in a lucky hand at porker."
( He glances at his girls)
"A very lucky hand"
Gracie" all life is a game of luck".
Cal"a real man makes his own luck,Archie".
Rose notices that Thomas Andrews is sitting next to her daughter, writing in his notebook completely ignoring the conversation.
Rose" Mr. Andrews, what are you doing? I see you everywhere writing in this little book."
Josie passes the book to Rose, Rose starts reading.
Rose"increase number of screws in hat hooks from 2 to 3. You build the biggest ship in the world and this preoccupies you?"

Andrews smiled sheepishly.

Ismay"he knows every rivet in her, don't you Thomas?"
Andrews"all three million of them."

Ismay"his blood and soul are in the ship.she may be mine on paper but in the eyes of God she
Belongs to Thomas Andrews."
Rose" your ship is a Wonder,
Mr. Andrews truly."
Andrews"thank you , Rose.
We can see that Andrews has come under Rose's spell.
Desert Has been served and a waiter arrive with ciggers in a humidor on a wheeled cart. The man start clipping ends and lightning.
Rose low at Jack.
Rose"next it'll be brandies in the smoking room.
Gracie started to rise from his chair.
Gracie" well, join me for a brandy, gentleman?"
Rose speaks low to Jack
"Now they retreat into a cloud of smoke and cogratulate each other on being master of  the universe.
Gracie"joining us Dawson?, you don't want to stay out here with the women do you?"
Actually he does."
Jack"no thanks,I'm heading back."
Cal"probably best. It will be business and politics, that sort of thing. Wouldn't interest you . Good of you to come."
Cal and the other gentleman exit.
Rose" Jack, must you go?"
Josie"yes daddy please stay."
Jack"time for me to go row with the other slaves."
He leans over and take Rose's hand.
While Josie watches her dad leave. Rose feels something in her hand and block her mother from seeing it.
She finds a folded paper and unfolds it . She sees what it says.
"Make it count, meet me at the clock."

The girls kids stem cells from the table. Once they got to the staircase Jack has his back facing them studying the ornate clock with is carved figures of honor and Glory . it softly strikes the hour. Jack turns to them, facing them with a smile.
Jack "so what to go to a party."