chapter 11 the heart of the ocean

The girls bedroom:
Rose"Josie I'm sorry about tonight, and that I scared you"
Josie"it's all right mommy just go with what happened the first time.
Rose"alright,now get some sleep because tomorrow we need to go talk to Jack. I love you"
Josie"love you too"as she fall fast asleep.
As she undessess for bed rose sees cal standing in her doorway reflecting on the cracked mirror of her vanity. He comes towards her.
Cal ( unexpectedly tender ) I know you're enn melancholy, and I don't pretend​ to know why.

From behind his back he hands her a large black velvet jewel  case. She takes it, nombly.
Cal" I was saving it for the engagement gals next week. But I thought tonight, perhaps a reminder of my feeling for you..
Rose opens the box. Inside is the necklace" the heart of the ocean" in its glory. It's a huge .. malevolent blue Stone glittering with a infinity of scalpel - inner reflections.

Rose"my God cal .... it's a
Cal" daimond. Yes it is. 56 carats.

He takes the necklace and during the following places it around her throat. He turns her to the mirror, starring behind her.
Cal" it was worn by Louis the sixteenth they call it Le Coeur Dr la mer ,the-
Rose"The Heart of the ocean. Cal, it's ... it's overwhelming.
He gazes at the image of the two of them in the mirror.
Cal"it's for royalty, and we are royalty.
His fingers caress her neck and throat. He seems himself to be disarmed by rose's elegance and beauty. His emotion is for the fist time, ungrauded.
Cal"There's nothing I couldn't give you, There's nothing I'd deny you if you deny me. Open your heart to me Rose.