chapter 13 drawings

Rose" there rather good, there really good actually most Jack there exquisite work .
Jack"well they really didn't think so much in ol paree.
Josie smiled at her dad's drawings and admired them,them looked at her father.
Rose" Paris? You do get around
For a p...um a person with limited means.
Jack"come on for a poor guy you can say it". Rose sees a nude women , and turns to the next drawing to see there all nude.
Rose"well, well, well, and this were drawn from life"
Jack"well that's a good thing about pairs lots of girls are willing to take off their clothes off"
Rose Huff's softly and looks at another drawing.
Rose"you like this woman, you used her several times"
Jack turns the drawing a little.
Jack"well she had beautiful hands you see".
Rose "I think you might had a love affair with this woman"
Jack blushes and laughed a little.
Josie looked confused at her mother.
Jack"no, no,no only with her hands, she was a one legged prostitute see"
Rose"oh
Jack" she had a good sense of humor though"
Rose looks at him.
Jack turns to a drawing of a woman that had a lot of on her.julery
Jack"oh, and this lady she would sit at the bar wearing every piece of jewelry she ouned just waiting for her long lost love ,we called her madam damn dezer
Rose"you have a gift Jack as looks at Jack and back to the picture.
You doyou see people"
Josie"ya you do Daddy"
Jack"I see you"
Rose "and"
Jack"you would have jumped"
Rose looks at Jack.
Painted with orange light, Jack and rose and Josie lean on the A deck rail aft.shoulder to shoulder in Josie case up to her father elbow. The ship lights turn on.

Jack"well then logging got to be to much work, so I went down to Los Angeles to the pier in Santa Monica. that's a swell place, they even got a rollercoaster I sketched portraits there for ten cents a price.
Rose"A whole ten cents"I can understand that Josie sells her's for ten cents, but Jack. She thought too herself.
Jack"ya it was great money..I can make a dollar a day. Sometimes. But only in summer. When it got cold.i decided to go to pairs and see what the real artist were doing.
Josie"cool" as she smiled at her father.
Rose looks at the dusk sky
Rose"why can't I be more like you Jack? Just head out for the horizon when ever I feel like it".
Turns to him
Say we go there sometime the three of us.. to that pier .. even if only we just talk about it
Jack"Alright were going we drink cheep beer ( referring to him and Rose ) and ride on a rollercoaster until we trow up and we'll ride horses on the beach ... right into the surf... but you two will have to do it like a real cowboys none of that side siddle stuff.
Rose"you mean one leg on each side? Scandalous"
Josie"will you teach us us"
Jack turned to her
Jack"Shure,if you like"
Josie smiled at him
Josie"I think I would"
Jack smiled at her and ruffed her hair
Rose"teach us to ride like a men"
Jack"and chew tobacco like a men"
Rose"spit like a men"
Josie"ya"as she jumped up and down.
Jack looked at rose.
They didn't teach you that in finishing school.
Rose" nope" as she laughed.
Jack"come on I teach you two

He spits and it arcs out over the water.
Rose"ew, that's disgusting.she laughed and smiled.
Jack: your turn as he looked at the girls.
Josie and Rose spit into the water .
Jack: nope, that was pitiful , like this.... you really got to hawk it down..hhhnnnkkk then roll it on your tongue.up to the front. Like
Thith. Then a big breath and ploow! You see the range on that thing?

The girls follow through the steps. Hawks it down. He coaches them. While doing the steps himself. They let fly. The comets of gob fly over the water.

Jack"that was great"
The girls look at Jack, their face alight. Suddenly rose blanches Josie smiled. He sees their experiences and turns.

Ruth and countless of Ruth and Molly Brown have been watching them Hawking lugees Rose becomes instantly composed .
Rose"Mother may I interduce Mr. Dawson.
Ruth"charmed, I'm sure"
Molly"well, Jack looks like your good to have around in a sticky spot"
Than she motions to Jack to ripe off the slivia of his chin.
They all jump as a bugler sounds the meal call right behind them.
Molly"why do they insist on always announcing dinner like a dang cavalry charge".
Rose"she'll we go get dressed mother?"
Rose turns to Jack
Rose"see you at dinner Jack"
Josie" see you later daddy" she whispered to Jack."
Jack nodded at her and stared at rose
Ruth" look at you two out in the sun without a hat honestly!"
Molly"son, do you have the slightest comperehension of what your doing."
Jack"no not really"
Molly"well your about to enter the snake pit , what are you planning to wear?"
Jack motioned to his clothes.
Molly" I figured, come on.
As they walked to her stateroom