F O U R

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 4

Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

It is now Saturday- football night again and I am once again locked in my bedroom waiting for Marilyn and unfortunately Kali to arrive. Sadly, since Anthony & I are "dating" - I couldn't afford to ignore Kali anymore. Yeah I'm upset with her but I don't want to throw away our friendship. In a few weeks or months- this will all blow over and we will be friends again. I hope.

Everything has been normal since Wednesday. Anthony and I's relationship hasn't changed much. Now we just need to hold hands, hug and... kiss a few times a day. It doesn't hurt that he isn't ugly. I'm not going to pretend he isn't attractive. There is a reason girls worship the ground he walks on. I'm just not one of those girls and that has pissed off a lot of girls at Eastview High.

But I am mature. I won't get into a war with some jealous cheerleaders because they want a guy I'm not even into.

I did have to tell Marilyn that Anthony and I weren't a couple. On Thursday I decided that I would drive Marilyn and I to school instead of just carpooling with the guys. Believe me when I say- do not drive when Marilyn is angry at you. She does not care if we get into an accident- she will literally smack, punch and pull your hair. And on Thursday she was pissed at me for keeping Anthony and I's "relationship" but she understood once I explained what was going on.

If you didn't know- Marilyn is a hopeless romantic who reads way too many teen romance novels and she now believes that I will fall in love with the oaf.

My mother and Mrs. Walton have had a field day with this though. They are overjoyed with the fact that Anthony and I are "together." I'm almost scared that they won't let us break it off when we're done with this thing. I mean last night my mother forced everyone out of the backyard so Anthony and I could have a "nice, romantic dinner" that she had made us. I mean the food was good but I could barely concentrate on eating with the ogre I call my "boyfriend" chewing with his mouth open.

I swear to god- he does that just to annoy me.

"Sunshine I know you so well" Anthony barges through my bathroom door.

"You don't know me" I snap at him. "What do you want?"

"Lower your voice before your mother thinks we're having a fight" He plops down on my desk chair. "You can't stay in here all night"

"And why not?" I cross my arms while climbing off of my bed.

"Because- the game is on and I can't just leave my Sunshine all locked up in her room" He flashes me a smile.

"Yes you can" I shrug.

"I'll look like an ass in front of your family" He says.

"You are an ass Anthony" I smirk at my insult.

He rolls his eyes and tosses me his jersey.

"Why do I need your jersey?" I ask.

"Because we're a couple, Sunshine" He walks over to me.

"Yeah but that's only for your games? Why do I need to wear it while watching the Giants play the Seahawks?" I furrow my eyebrows.

He grabs my face and squished my cheeks "Because my dear Summer- Kali just showed up wearing Tanner's jersey"

"Get out so I can change"

"Out" Marilyn pushes him through the bathroom and shuts the door.

"When did you get here?" I ask her while pulling my t-shirt off.