T W E N T Y F I V E

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 25

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

Have you ever not known how to feel? Today was prom and everyone was happy. But not happy, happy. It was a 'I'm happy in the moment but when I go home i'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight' happy.

Prom was exciting. It was a right of passage. Anthony and I might win Prom King and Queen. Eric and Marilyn might win Prom King and Queen. Anthony and I were finally together. Everyone was out of the hospital. Tanner, Kali and Yasmine haven't bothered us since the accident.

But the accident still happened. Eric and Marilyn lost a baby and I knew that tonight I would hear him crying about it. Matt had woken up but he lost his leg. He was broken. His future was gone. I remember the day he woke up. I was the only one there.

"Summer?" Matt coughed.

"Oh my god, Matt" I looked up from my phone.

"What happened?" He furrowed his eyebrows and looked around.

"We were in a car accident-"

"Where's my leg?" He asked but his eyes widened when he realized what he had just said.

"Summer where the fuck is my leg?" He yelled.

"Matt- Stop pulling at the wires" I tried to grab his arms but he fought me off.

The doctors had came running in and tried to call him down but he was just fighting a screaming about his leg. They ended up having to sedate him.

He was 16 and he had one leg. He was an athlete and now... I don't even know what he's going to do.

"Your dress looks gorgeous" Marilyn smiled at me as she did my make up. It was a floor-length dark purple dress strapless dress.

"Your dress looks gorgeous" I laughed.

"Thank you very much" She looked down at her floor-length black dress.

"Finished" She pulled back and smiled at me.

"Wow" I said staring at myself in the mirror. It had been a while since I had make up on. She had did a smokey eye and put some bold red lipstick on me.

"Girls! Your dates are here!" Mom walked into my room.

She didn't look like herself. Her hair wasn't done, it was just in a messy bun, her lips were chapped and there were bags under her eyes.

She was really stressed out because of the accident and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"You girls look gorgeous" She smiled as we walked out of my room.

"Thanks Mom"

"Thanks Mrs. Preston"

We walked down the hallways to where Anthony and Eric stood.

"Let me help you" Anthony rushed forward.

"I'm fine Anthony" I groaned. He has been like this since I got out of the hospital.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm sure" I smiled up at him.

"Hello Anthony" Mom greeted him.

"Hey Mrs. Preston" Anthony smiled politely at her.

Ever since the accident Anthony hasn't been as close with my parents. He was still friendly with them but he didn't agree with what they decided for Matt. Sometimes I even questioned it but I understood that they did what they thought was best.

"Picture time" Dad announced.

~~~

"I love you" Anthony whispered as we slow danced.

"I love you too" I whispered back.

"This is the song we danced to at homecoming" He smiled.

"It is" I laughed as he spun me around.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you" Anthony said.

"I can't wait either" I pecked his lips.

~~~

"Pinky promise you won't beat me up if I win" Marilyn held her pinky out.

"Shut up Marilyn" I snorted.

"If you win, I'll see you outside" Eric pointed towards the doors.

"We're so weird" I snickered.

"And the winner of Prom King and Queen is..." The announcer called out.

"Anthony Walton and Summer Preston!"

a u t h o r s  n o t e

And that is the final chapter of You Don't Know Me. See you in the epilogue!

c a m m i