T W E N T Y T H R E E

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 23

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

Tonight was the last night of spring break and everyone was out partying. Everyone except me because only bad things happen to me at parties.

Finding out that Anthony's father was abusive was a huge blow. It made me wonder how Anthony could be so happy all the time. It also made me realize why he was always at my house.

But right now there was another issue I had to deal with.

"This can't be happening, Summer" Marilyn sobbed.

"Don't get too worked up Marilyn. We just need to wait" I sigh.

Marilyn showed up at my house an hour ago crying because she missed her period twice. We rushed right out and bought 3 pregnancy tests and now we're waiting for the results.

"What's Eric going to say if I'm pregnant?" Marilyn sobbed.

"If you're pregnant, Eric's not going to be angry at you" I smiled sadly.

"Are you sure? I don't want to end up like my mother. I can't be a single teen mom" She cried.

"Don't get ahead of yourself Marilyn. I wouldn't let him do that" I rubbed her arm.

Beep, Beep, Beep

"That's it. I can't look. Summer" Marilyn covered her face.

"I'll check them" I shut the alarm off on my phone and went over to check.

Positive. All of them. Positive.

"What do they say?" Marilyn whispered and I looked over at her.

"It doesn't necessarily mean you're pregnant" I whisper.

"Three tests! I'm pregnant" Marilyn covered her face.

"Marilyn don't worry" I hugged her.

After 30 minutes of holding her while she cried, we starting talking about how she was going to tell Eric and what she was going to do.

"Eric's calling me" I look up at her.

"Answer it" She sits up.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Summer. You need to come pick up Matt" Eric slurred.

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He was supposed to stay sober to drive us home but he got so wasted he passed out" Eric snorted.

"Eric! Matt doesn't have his license!" I gasped.

"Just come get him" Eric said and gave the address to me.

"Do you want to come get Matt with me?" I asked Marilyn.

"Sure" She shrugged.

It took me 20 minutes to drive to the party because it was in Westview. I hated driving to Westview because you have to cross this gigantic street that alot of people have accidents on.

"I don't know where they are. So just call me if you find him" I tell Marilyn and she nods before battling her way through the crowd of people.

I searched for 20 minutes and decided to check the bedrooms upstairs. Eric said he had passed out so maybe he was asleep.

My heart stopped when at the third room I checked.

Anthony and Kali. Standing there kissing. They didn't notice I was there but I couldn't move. I was stuck. I couldn't breath and my chest was tightening.

"Kali" Anthony whispered as he pulled back and my heart shattered. He said my name like that after every real kiss we shared.

"Summer" Kali gasped as she noticed I was standing there.

"Summer" Anthony's head snapped towards me but I was already running down the hallway.

"Summer no" He followed after me.

I took a deep breath and I could feel the tears forming in my eyes.

I rushed down the stairs and ran outside. I couldn't leave Marilyn and Matt so I stopped short.

"Summer that wasn't what it looked like" Anthony grabbed me and spun me around.

"Oh yeah?" I pushed him and he stumbled back. "Because it looked like you were kissing my best friend"

"Summer I wasn't. She kissed me" Anthony tried to come closer but I just pushed him again.

"That's what Tanner said" I yelled. "It wasn't me. She initiated it. It was all her"

"Summer-"

"How could you?" I pushed him and he just stared at me. "How could you?" I pushed him again.

"I'm so sorry" He squeezed his eyes shut.

"You're worse than Tanner" I whispered and his eyes flung open. "At least I expected it from Tanner. I didn't expect it from you"

"I've spent my entire life with you. Every single day. I can't remember a day without you" I shrieked.

"I know. Summer-"

"I love you" I sobbed and his eyes widened. "You made me love you. You made me fall for you and you fuck my best friend"

"I didn't. I swear Summer. She kissed me-" He paniced.

"Shut up" I sobbed.

"Summer I love you. Summer you need to listen to me. I would never hurt you" He pleaded.

"You already have" I cried.

"What happened?" Marilyn asked while walking out of the house with Matt who looked like he was barely alive.

"He needs a hospital" I snapped out of it.

"What?" Marilyn asked.

"He needs a hospital. Lay him in the backseat" I walk over and help Marilyn put him in the backseat.

"Let me drive you-"

"No. Leave me alone" I glared at him.

"What happend?" Marilyn asked as I started driving away from the house.

"I caught him with Kali" I whispered.

"That ass" She whispered.

I couldn't get the image of them out of my head. Anthony and Kali... kissing alone in a bedroom. You could just imagine what was going to happen.

My eyes filled with tears and next thing you know an 18-wheeler rammed into the side of my car and we were spinning down the busiest road in the town.

a u t h o r s  n o t e

I'm crying. Literally.

Don't forget to,

Vote, Comment and Follow!

c a m m i