T W E N T Y T W O

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 22

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

I'm the happiest person in the world right now. We are currently in the middle of of spring break and my life is finally settling down.

No more fighting with Kali. No more worrying about Yasmine. No more confusion about Tara. And finally no more Tanner.

Last week I finally got rid of Tanner. He showed up at my house. He looked really stressed out and he told me he loved me.

"Summer. I made a huge mistake" He said.

"Get away from here" I glared at him.

"No wait. Summer I need to talk to you" He stopped me from closing the door. "I was stupid okay? I really did like you. I didn't fake anything when I was with you"

"I don't care Tanner-"

"I was afraid to commit. So I made myself catch feelings for Kali. None of that was even real. I just needed to know I was in control" He continued.

"Tanner-"

"I love you Summer. I love you. Only you. I promise if you take me back I don't ever hurt you again. We don't even have to hide us anymore. Please"

"I don't care Tanner" I said coldly. "I don't care about you like that anymore"

"Please. I'm all alone" He pleaded.

"That's your fault Tanner. You did that to yourself. You ended our relationship. You ended your friendship with Eric, Anthony and Marilyn. You ended your relationship with Kali" I explained.

"I love you" He said.

"And I love Anthony" I sighed. "Please leave. And don't come back"

That was the first time I had said I loved Anthony out loud and it was the best feeling in the world.

I loved Anthony. I loved Anthony frickin' Walton. And I wanted him to know.

That's what I was doing right now. Trying to build up the courage to walk into Eric's room and tell Anthony that I was in love with him.

Anthony slept over last night but Eric had an early date with Marilyn so he wasn't home right now. I know Anthony was still here because I could hear him moving around in Eric's room. The only reason he wasn't in my room was because he thinks I'm still asleep.

"C'mon Summer. Just get up. And do it" I whispered to myself.

Next thing I know, I'm standing in Eric's room with a very shirtless Anthony standing in front of me.

"What the hell happened to you?" I gasped.

"Nothing. Why are you running in here like a crazy woman?" He snapped pulling his shirt on.

"Don't get an attitude with me. What the hell Anthony?" I tried to pull his shirt up but he pulled away.

He had bruises all down his torso.

"Stop" Anthony pulled away.

"Anthony those look bad. Did you go to the hospital?" I asked.

"I had coach look at them. I'm fine" He sighed.

"Where did you get them?" I asked him.

"It doesn't matter" He said.

"Anthony it matters god damn it. You've been getting bruises and black eyes for months and you always make up the same excuse. Football. Well guess what! There hasn't been football or practice in 5 months. So where are they coming from?" I snapped.

"Summer... I don't want to bother you with this" He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Are you kidding me? Anthony. I lo-care about you. You're one of my closest friends. You're not going to bother me" I cut myself off. I can't tell him like this.

"Summer..."

"It's your dad isn't it?" I blurt out.

"Yeah" He leans against the wall with his eyes shut.

"Eric knew" I whisper, remembering what he had asked me about the 'conffession.'

"Yeah" He nodded.

"Why didn't you guys do anything? Like call child services or-"

"I'm 18, Summer. They can't do anything. I'm an adult" Anthony sighed.

"Why don't you leave?" I asked.

"College. He's paying for my college. If I leave he won't and then what? I'm not good enough to get a scholarship anywhere and I can't out myself in that much debt. It's only 2 more months. And then I'm gone" Anthony sighed.

I didn't know what to say so I just walked over to him and hugged him.

a u t h o r s  n o t e

Poor Anthony... I just wanted to say that I didn't just throw this in here. I've been hinting on Anthony having an abusive home life since chapter 3. I just didn't want to make it too obvious!

Don't forget to,

Vote, Comment and Follow!

c a m m i