T W E N T Y F O U R

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 24

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

Waking up in a hospital was probably the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. The bright lights, the beeping, the confusion and the flashes of what had happened.

"You're names Summer right?" A firefighter asked.

"Y-Yeah" I stuttered.

"Well you have alot of people out here for you" He looked over at a group of people being held back.

"That's my brother" I mumbled.

"Hey, hey. Don't fall asleep on me. Can you tell me how many people are in there with you?"

"Two" My eyes widened. "Marilyn. Matt" I called out but didn't get an answer.

"Calm down. Don't worry. We're going to get you guys out" He said.

"She's pregnant" I cough.

"Marilyn" I gasped out causing everyone in the room to jump.

"My baby" Mom lunges for me.

"Where's Marilyn?" I asked. "Is she okay?" I asked.

"She's fine. Eric's with her" Dad grabbed my hand. "You've been taking a really long nap darling"

"We're going to get her. Don't worry. My buddy is on the other side of the car cutting her out"

"What about my brother?" I asked.

"The one that's waiting over there?"

"No! My little brother. He was in the back seat but I can't see him" I tried to turn around.

"Don't do that" The firefighter said.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Marcus"

"Marcus, please don't let my brother die" I sobbed.

"I'm going to do everything I can" He said.

"He drank a lot. That's why I was here. I came to pick him up"

"You sound like a great big sister. My sister would have never got up at 2 am to pick me up from a party"

"Great sister. We're turned over in the middle of the street" I snorted.

"Morbid sense of humor" Marcus laughed quietly.

"We were going to the hospital" I gasped as I remembered.

"What?" Marcus asked.

"He's too drunk. He couldn't speak" I twisted around. "Matt! Matthew! Can you hear me?"

"Where's Matt?" I asked.

"Summer" Dad said quietly.

"Don't. Don't" I whispered.