F I V E

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 5

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

Waking up Thursday was, for a lack of better words, difficult. I didn't want to get up and go to school. Simply because I knew as soon as the last bell rang at 2:30 - I would have to face Kali. I should of just told her that I had a date with Anthony or something. She spent the entire lunch period yesterday, going on and on about our plans for today. 

It was nothing special and I honestly wouldn't care about our plans if it was with someone else. I didn't want to be around Kali. And it's starting to become obvious. She's gonna realize that something is wrong and I can not tell her that I had actually been dating Tanner when she decided to-. I need to stop before I give myself a headache.

Bang Bang Bang

"Summer get your ass up! We are going to be late if you don't get out of bed" Eric's loud voice yelled from outside my door. 

Dear god, he was actually up before me, I groaned.

I glanced over at my alarm clock to see the time flashing at me. 

We had 10 minutes to get there. And we still had to pick people up.

"Why didn't you tell me" I screeched while hopping out of bed and throwing on any piece of clothing I could find.

Who did I need to impress anyway?

"I thought you were awake" Eric shrugged while shoving a bagel into his mouth. 

"Come on" I yelled and grabbed my bag while rushing down the hallway to the front door. 

"Fine, fine. Calm yourself" Eric rolled his eyes. 

"Bye Mom" Eric yelled. 

"Where's Matt?" I panicked. 

I swear if that boy made us late-

"He caught a ride with Kali" He slid into the driver's seat. "Why are you panicking? It's not like you'll get expelled for being 5 minutes late" 

"Why the hell would he do that?" I spat, ignoring his comment.

He didn't answer me but I saw him roll his eyes. 

"You're going shopping with Marilyn and Kali later right?" He asked after 5 minutes of me messing around with his radio. 

"Mhm"

"For homecoming?" 

"Mhm" I glanced up to an unexpected sight. 

My brother, the captain of the football team, the womanizer was blushing. 

"Why?" I squinted at him and he just shrugged. "Does this have to do with a crazy, curly haired girl?" 

"Shut it, Sum" 

"Don't worry I won't tell her about your crush"

"I don't have a crush" He snapped. 

"Okay, okay" I raised my hands in surrender.

Before I knew it we were at school. I checked the time on the radio and saw that we weren't late. 

"Wait- we didn't pick anyone up" I frowned. 

"I know" He rolled his eyes. "We talked about this yesterday at lunch. While you and Anthony made out" 

I cringed at the memory. According to him- we had to make out to make it look "real." I think he just wanted the chance to annoy me. 

"You good?" Eric frowned. "He isn't hurting you right? I trust him but-"