T W E N T Y O N E

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 21

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

The dance looked absolutely magical. The ceiling looked like a starry night. There were old movie posters everywhere, a red carpet and the yearbook committee dressed up like paparazzi. I was honestly very proud of it. Tara even got the yearbook committee to agree to credit me for the dance on the page dedicated to the dance in the yearbook.

Marilyn was wearing a shiny red dress that climbed to her body and her hair was pin straight. Her make up was done bold like usual but she looked so gorgeous. And you could tell Eric thought so as well since he hasn't taken his eyes off of her since.

I had opted for the Marilyn Monroe look when Marilyn had turned it down. I was wearing a white flowy dress and I had curled my hair like Marilyn Monroe had. Marilyn had did my make up since she was good at imitating looks. I honestly love the way I looked.

"Anthony loves the way you look too" Marilyn whispered while we were taking pictures.

"Shut up" I hissed.

"I got you something" Anthony said once we got inside.

"Another corsage?" I smiled.

"Uh no. I was going to but my mom said that it was customary to get you a gift for Valentine's day" He rubbed the back of his neck.

He handed me a medium sized box that was wrapped in pink wrapping paper.

"You need to stop spending so much money on me" I laughed.

"It actually didn't cost much" He mumbled and I looked up at him.

He was shy.

I peeled the wrapping paper off and my heart started racing.

"Anthony" I whispered.

"I'm sorry. Is that weird?" He laughed awkwardly.

"No it's so nice" I smile.

It was a picture frame with 2 slots. One was a picture of Anthony and I at homecoming. I think it's the picture my mom took off guard. We're standing really close and Anthony is smiling down at me.

"Is that...?" I smile up at him.

"Uh yeah. It's the gum wrapper you gave me in 6th grade" He laughed awkwardly.

I smiled at the messy handwriting that asked him to be my valentine.

"That was so long ago. I can't believe you kept it" I grinned.

"Yeah. I just found it and that's why... yeah" He trailed off.

"That's so sweet" I look up at him. "Hey I'm going to go give this to my mom, since she's chaperoning tonight"

"Okay. Yeah. I'll just be here" Anthony nodded and I walked off to find her.

I spent 5 minutes fawning over the gift with my mother and went back to find Anthony but was stopped by the wicked witch of the west.

"Summer" Yasmine said.

"Yasmine" I sighed. "I have to get back to my boyfriend"

"Shouldn't you be checking on your friend?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Marilyn?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No. The other one" She rolled her eyebrows. "Kali. She's crying in the bathroom"