o n e

"Next!" The man called out, placing his hand on my lower back while using the other hand to gesture towards Niall. My whole body seemed to freeze and needed a little push from the assistant for it to start moving towards the brunette Irish pop star standing a few feet away from me.

"Hi, darling!" Niall cheered as I made my way towards him.

"Hi" I said shyly, but still smiling wide.

"How are ya?" He asked as he bent down for a hug.

"Absolutely amazing" I gushed, blushing like mad once we pulled away.

"That's great" He smiled, "What's your name?"

"Gabi" I replied simply.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Niall" He introduced himself, "So are you from Connecticut, Gabi?"

"Yep, born and raised!" I said proudly.

"So you must know good places to get some food around here?" He questioned.

"Definitely, I could show you one if you'd like" I joked, slowly gaining confidence.

"Oh yeah?" He rose an eyebrow, "You free after the show?"

"Wait, what?"

"If you're not doin' anything after the show, I'm starved" Niall clarified, making my eyes go wide.

"Oh, um, y-yeah!" Welp. There goes my confidence.

"You sure?" He chuckled.

"Definitely" I agreed quickly.

"Cool," Niall nodded, "Just wait in your seat after the show and a security guard can bring ya backstage once everything clears. Sound good?"

"Perfect!"

"Alright, now ya ready for a picture? What pose are we thinkin'?" He questioned

"Hmm, just a normal smiling one?" I suggested

"Simple," He grinned, "I like it"

He then snaked his arm around my waist as I positioned myself towards the camera. My arm fell behind his back, bringing me closer to him so that our sides curved into each other.

Click.

And just like that, the meet and greet was over.

"Nice to meet you, Gabi! I'll see you at soundcheck in a bit" Niall called as I was led away. I smiled and waved a quick goodbye before he was out of sight.

What the hell just happened?

- - -

"Hey everybody! Welcome to the Flicker World Tour...soundcheck" Niall chuckled into the microphone, arranging the stand as needed all while the crowd of girls erupted into giggles and screams.

"Wow! What a beautiful group we've got here" He cheers, scanning the room. Once his eyes landed on me in the second row, he sent a quick wink, making myself and the girls around me melt.

"Before we get to some questions, do ya mind if I sing a few songs?" Niall asked, already knowing the answer.

He then continued on to perform "Slow Hands", "On the Loose", and "Too Much Too Ask". I assumed that he was saving the newer songs for the actual stage so we could get the full experience.

Niall looked absolutely amazing performing. He was so happy and just completely in his zone. For a fan who has been here from the start of his career, it was such blessing to experience.