t w e l v e

"I still can't believe how good you are, Niall. I mean with touring and all, where do you find the time to practice?" Dad gushed to Niall during dinner. We had returned from our game a while ago and it's safe to say that my dad has officially become a fan girl of Niall. Maybe not so much for the singing, but definitely for his personality and golf skills.

"I started golfing because of touring, sir!" Niall chuckled, "I found it to be a good stress reliever when the boys and I were touring and I just haven't stopped since"

"And you definitely shouldn't" Dad commented. I couldn't help but smile to myself at the way the two interacted. They had so much in common and I could tell how fond my dad is of Niall.

The five of us finished up dinner and thankfully, Mom and Foley made an extra pie for us to dig into tonight.

"This is so good, Fole" I gushed, spooning another bite into my mouth.

"I did learn from the best" He commented, making my mom smile.

After finishing up dessert, Niall, Foley, and I decided to hang out in the basement to watch a few movies. We let Foley decide and he chose Step Brothers, which also happened to be one of Niall's favorites.

When I returned from making popcorn, I found that the only spot left on the couch was in between Niall and the arm rest. Now that wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that Niall's arm laid across the back the couch. When I moved to sit down, I was surprised when he didn't budge his arm. He actually fixed it so that it was fastened around my shoulders. I didn't know what to do, so I just didn't say anything.

Niall and I made it very clear that we were just friends, but I was getting other vibes from the way he's been acting towards me since he's gotten here. I of course have feelings for him, but I don't want to act on them because I know he's just gonna have to leave again in two days.

Halfway through the movie, Niall excused himself to use the bathroom, leaving Foley and I alone.

Once Niall was out of earshot, Foley spoke up, "Why do I feel like I'm third wheeling even if you're not a couple?"

"Ugh, so you feel it too?! There's like this weird sort of tension between us and I just can't figure it out" I grumbled.

"I think you're talking about sexual tension, Gab" He chuckled, "Do you want me to leave? Give you two some alone time?"

"No!" I said a little bit too quickly, "No...I think us being alone would make it worse. God knows what would happen"

"Well why wouldn't you want anything to happen?" Foley questioned.

"I dunno..I guess because he's leaving in two days. It sucked saying goodbye the first two times. It'd be easier to do it the third time if we were just friends" I explained.

Foley shrugged, "I guess so, but if I were you I'd make the most out of the time I have with him now. Who knows when you'll see him again"

Before I could reply, Niall returned from the bathroom. Damn, I forgot how fast boys pee.

As soon as his bum touched the couch and his arm returned to its original position around me, Foley announced that he was tired and going to head to bed. I glared at him, knowing exactly what he was up to.

"Already, man?" Niall asked as Foley got up from the couch, obnoxiously yawning and stretching his arms out.

"Yeah, all that baking took a toll on me" He chuckled, "Night guys"

"Night!" Niall replied. While Niall's gaze was still directed towards my best friends, I took it as an opportunity to quickly flip him off before bidding him a goodnight as well so that Niall wouldn't get suspicious. Foley just laughed it off and exited up the stairs to the guest room.