f o u r t e e n

NIALL'S POV

"So I was thinkin'.." I started as Gabi sat on the guest bed, watching me pack my bag.

"Yeah?"

"Since I spent Thanksgiving here with you, would you like to come to L.A. and spend Christmas there with me? I'd be willing to fly you and Foley out so you guys can stay with me for a week or so! Maybe you can even stay for New Years" I suggested excitedly. I had a wonderful time here with Gabi and her family so I was hoping she would want to do the same at my house this time.

Her eyes lit up at the offer, "Really? How come you're not going back to Ireland for the holidays?"

"I have so much promoting to do so close to the holidays that I unfortunately won't be able to make it back home.." I sighed, "But I'd really love it if you'd join me"

I was sad that I wouldn't be able to go back home to be with my family but I was also happy at the same time because hopefully Gabi would be able to join me.

Gabi smiled at me, "If my parents are alright with it, you know I'd love to"

"That's great!" I grinned, "That's really great, petal. Just let me know, yeah?"

"Of course" She nodded, "I'll talk to Foley about it too. But after 'Team Abrahoran', I'm sure it's an automatic yes"

I laughed, "That's what I like to hear"

Once I finished packing my bag, Gabi walked me downstairs so that I could say goodbye to her parents and Foley. Her mom and dad politely invited me to come back anytime I pleased, which I thanked them for. And after a bro hug from Foley, Gabi walked me out.

"This is my least favorite part" She grumbled as I stood with her outside her front door. My Uber was on its way, meaning that I had only a few minutes left with her.

"I know darlin', I hate it too" I sighed, "But just think back on the amazing few days we had together"

"I'm trying" She mumbled as I brought her into me, wrapping my arms around her. She looked up at me, "So what does this mean for us?"

"How about we see how we feel when you get to L.A.? We both know where we stand on keeping our relationship on the low, but maybe one of us will change our minds with some time to think," I suggested, "Sound good?"

"Yeah," Gabi nodded, "I like the sound of that"

"Good," I smiled, "I'm gonna miss ya, Gab"

"I'll miss you too, Niall. Thanks for yet another wonderful time" She said before standing on her tippy toes and giving me a sweet goodbye kiss.

I couldn't help but melt into the kiss, absolutely captivated by her.

"Bye, petal. I'll see you soon"

- - -

Being home never felt so good, so I thought.

As soon as I got home from the airport, I was greeted by my bandmate Gerry who usually crashes at my house. Unfortunately, he did not have good news.

Yet again, a picture of Gabi and I surfaced the internet. This time, it was a lot more obvious that there was something going on between us. Someone somehow captured a picture of my arms wrapped around Gabi from behind and her giggling when I whispered something cheeky in her ear.

I was completely baffled that a picture of Gabi and I would surface when the only people at Thanksgiving was Gabi's family. It wasn't until I saw the Twitter username that I understood what happened.