t e n

"Music management?" Stacey, my academic advisor, rose an eyebrow.

"Yeah!" I cheered, ignoring her judgmental tone of voice.

"Are you sure you want to go down that path, Gabi? I mean, it's a great major and all, but music business is tough and competitive" She explained.

"I get that, but I think I'm going to be really passionate about this. And if I'm passionate about something, I know I'm going to make it happen" I stated proudly.

Stacey offered me a small smile, "Well alright, dear. I believe you"

She then explained to me the kinds of courses I would be taking down the road along with some internship opportunities. Our school was pretty well known so we had some impressive connections. My eyes lit up when I heard 'Capitol Records'. That's Niall's label.

Speaking of, it's been about two weeks since we decided the whole 'us' thing wasn't going to work out. Sure, it was an absolute bummer, but we were staying friends and that's all that mattered.

And when I said we're staying friends, I really mean it. We don't go a day without texting each other and I often find myself on FaceTime with him while I'm working on a paper and he's watching golf. Even if we're not talking, it's just nice to know that we enjoy each other's company (even if it's over the phone).

I thanked Stacey once we were finished adjusting my major and gathered all of my things before exiting her office. As soon as I was in the hallway, I pulled my phone out.

"Hello?" An Irish accent greeted through the phone.

"Guess who just changed their major!" I cheered.

"Ah, you did it!" Niall exclaimed, "I'm proud of you, Gabi"

I smiled to myself, "Thanks, Niall. I couldn't have done it without you. Literally"

"Like I said before, I'm happy to have been of service" He chuckled.

"What're you up to?" I asked, prolonging the conversation because I didn't want to hang up.

"The usual" He replied simply.

"As in golf channel and Thai food?" I guessed.

"Ding ding ding! We have a winner!" He exclaimed, making me laugh.

"Well in case you're tired of Thai food, I was wondering something" I said, biting my lip nervously.

"And what's that, darlin'?" Niall asked.

"Since you're going to be in the states for Thanksgiving and you don't really celebrate it, I was wondering if you wanted to come to my family's Thanksgiving?" I asked before quickly adding, "But not like as a boyfriend! Just as a friend..like Foley! He's going to be there too since his parents are going out of town"

Niall chuckled at my quick, yet awful save before replying, "You know I'd love to"

"Really?" I asked.

"Definitely" He reassured, "Thanks for inviting me"

"Of course" I replied, smiling wide even though he couldn't see me.

It was only less than a week until Thanksgiving and I couldn't be more excited. In all honesty, I really missed Niall and was ecstatic that he would be spending Thanksgiving with me and my family. Hopefully after they all get over the initial shock that it's Niall, it will be a nice time for him.

The day after changing my major and inviting Niall, Foley and I finished up our last final. We were utterly exhausted, both mentally and physically. We had stayed up all night studying but we were relieved to say that we were finally done until New Years. Our school runs on quarter systems, which grants us an extremely long winter break.