t w e n t y f o u r

Niall and I were laying in bed, enjoying our last night together before he resumed his tour in Arizona.

"See, imagine if we could do this every night" Niall said softly as he ran his fingers through my hair. I laid my head on his chest and slowly listened to his heartbeat quicken at the thought of me coming along.

"It would be nice" I smiled, tilting my head up to look at him.

"So say yes, petal" Niall breathed out, "We're going to have to say bye again tomorrow and I don't know how many times I can keep leavin' ya"

"I'm thinking about it, Ni" I sighed, "I really am. You know that if it wasn't for school, work, or Foley, I'd be on the plane with you back already. There are just some things I have to figure out before I commit to this..it's a big decision"

"I get it" He nodded, "I'm sorry for being pushy about it, darlin'"

"Don't be" I giggled, pecking his lips, "It's sweet that you want me to come"

"In more ways than one" He smirked, winking obnoxiously.

I let out a laugh and we kissed once more before settling on finally going to bed. He had an early flight to catch and I had potentially one of my last classes to attend.

- - -

"But what if you forget to turn off the oven like that one time?! I won't be here to turn it off, Fole!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening as I went through every possible situation that could occur if I left my best friend and went on tour with Niall.

Foley rolled his eyes, "It was one time! I promise I won't forget while you're gone...especially because there is a bright pink sticky note on the oven that says 'Foley, please don't forget to turn off the oven again! Xoxo, Gabi'"

"I guess so..but what if-"

"Nope!" Foley cut me off, "No more what if's. I'm not holding you back here and you're going with Niall"

"I don't knoooow" I whined, falling back onto his bed, my head hitting the pillows.

Foley sighed and scooted closer to me, "Yes you do, Gab. I've known you for three years and I've never seen you happier than you are when you're with Niall. I know you're scared because it's a big step in your relationship, but you're gonna have to take it or else you'll be filled with even more what if's. Plus, this is an incredible opportunity for you! Niall's right, you'll be learning so much on tour with him"

I turned over onto my side and looked up at him, "You really do always know what to say, don't you?"

"It's a gift" He said proudly.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay without me here?" I asked honestly.

"Sure I'll miss you, but I'll be fine, I promise" He nodded, "Now that I'm a single man, I'll be having girls here all the time"

"Pig" I scoffed jokingly.

"I'm kidding!"

It was currently the day after Niall left again to get back on the road. I know how bad he wanted an answer before he left, but I just needed to think about it without seeing his adorable face, because that alone would make me say yes in a heartbeat.

I had already talked to my parents, academic advisor, and manager this morning. Luckily, they were all on board and so happy for me. And after talking to the most important person that was holding me back, my decision was made.

I was going on tour with Niall.

I was absolutely terrified but beyond excited at the same time. This was a huge step in our relationship, but I felt ready for it despite the short amount of time Niall and I have been together. As cheesy as it sounds, something about it just felt right. And just like Niall did the day we met, I was going with my gut.