t w e n t y t h r e e

"Aaaand here's me with the door!" Niall exclaimed, finishing up his FaceTime tour of the hotel room. He just arrived in Seattle for the next stop of the tour and called me as soon as he was able to.

"Oh there's a door there?" I squinted my eyes, "Couldn't tell. I'm too busy focusing on the handsome guy on my screen"

"You're cute" Niall beamed before his smile faltered, "I miss you a ton, petal. This boring hotel room would be a lot more fun with ya"

"I miss you too, Niall" I replied, frowning at his sudden change in mood.

"I don't like not knowing when I'll be able to see you next" He said sadly.

"I don't either, but I guess we have to work with it, right?" I answered realistically.

"I guess so" He mumbled.

Leaving Niall just got harder and harder every time, especially now since we're actually together. Niall and I's goodbye before my flight back home yesterday was filled with tears, kisses, and long hugs, savoring the last moments we had with each other. 

He tried several times trying to get me to stay and as much as I wanted to, I couldn't. I started classes and work again today and couldn't miss them. Plus, he was already back on the road for tour this morning. 

Before I could offer some more words of comfort, Niall grumbled, "Aw, shít. Manager's callin' me. Can I call you back in a few?"

I nodded, "Of course. Take your time!"

"Thanks, love" He smiled. I blew him a kiss and he caught it from across the country before hanging up the phone. 

- - -

The days went by as I slowly got back into the swing of things. I was out of my fairy tale with Niall and back into reality with school and work. Though since I settled on my major in music business, school has actually been pretty fun. The required classes were interesting and nothing I couldn't handle.

Things with Niall were going amazing too. Well, as amazing as they could be from opposite ends of the country. Niall hand finished the East coast cities when we first met so he was on to the West coast now. Unfortunately, that meant that he was far, far away from me.

We constantly texted and FaceTimed the minute we could but we both knew that we would much rather be together. But considering our situation, this is what we had to work with.

It was around two weeks after I had returned that I found myself on a slow evening at work with my manager, Jen. She was the coolest woman I knew and was like another mom. And just like everyone else, she was completely invested in me and Niall.

"Is he a good kisser?" She asked as she hung up new tops that we received.

"Jen!" I gasped, letting out a giggle.

"Oh come on" Jen rolled her eyes, "Let me have a little fun! I'm living vicariously though you"

"What? George the silver fox isn't enough for ya?" I joked, referring to her handsome husband.

"He's no Niall Horan" She sighed, making me laugh.

"Well to answer your question, yes, he is a very good kisser" I said proudly.

"Figured" She nodded, "What's it like dating a celebrity?"

"It has its ups and downs" I replied honestly, "Like we had a lot of trouble getting to where we are now because he was afraid of paparazzi and stuff. But it's also awesome because he's so happy doing what he does and I love watching him on stage or in interviews. He's just always so put together and I think that's incredible despite all the exposure he's had"