t w e n t y n i n e

"Oh bugger, I've run out of tea" I said in the best British accent I could do, which didn't happen to be that good.

Niall stared at me as I did all I could to hold back a giggle.

"Love, what was that?" He rose an eyebrow.

"My British accent!" I laughed, "We're in London, so I felt like it was necessary"

Niall let out a chuckle and shook his head, "I love ya Gabi, but please never attempt that again"

"Fine" I pouted, "But I was serious about my tea..make me another?"

I flashed Niall a big grin as he got up from his seat and made his way around the counter and to the container containing the several packets of tea. But not before grabbing my mug and pressing a quick kiss to my cheek, "Of course, darling"

We were currently sitting in in our room at the hotel in London. As soon as Niall's after-party had ended, the entire crew had traveled through the night for the show at the O2 Brixton Academy. This was going to be one of the biggest crowds of the entire tour and everyone could not be more excited.

As Niall and I enjoyed a comfortable silence while he stirred cream into my mug, I suddenly remembered Julia's surprise.

I spoke up, "Hey, Ni? Did Julia tell you anything about a surprise she had planned for the show tonight?"

My boyfriend furrowed his eyebrows at me, "No? Did she say something to you?"

"Yeah" I nodded slowly, "Said she had something exciting for the fans but she wouldn't tell me what it was"

"Huh," Niall paused, "That's weird. Neither her or Sarah mentioned anything to me"

"Maybe it's a surprise for you then" I shrugged, "That's probably why Julia wouldn't tell me. Figured I'd spill it to ya"

"Mm, maybe" Niall laughed, "I just won't ask about it then. Don't wanna ruin whatever they've got planned"

I nodded in agreement and thanked him when he handed me back my mug that was now full. Looking out the window, I realized that there wasn't much else that could get better than this. Niall. London's gorgeous view. A warm cup of tea. Life was good and I was so, so happy.

- - -

"Hey Julia!" I greeted with a smile and hug when we arrived at the venue for soundcheck. Niall was figuring out some things with his tour manager Sarah so I took the chance to talk to the other members of the tour crew.

"Hey girl!" She grinned, hugging me tight, "How are you?"

"I'm good! Really excited for tonight" I replied.

"Believe me, so am I" Julia said, probably referring to whatever surprise she had planned. I was going to ask about it, but figured she wouldn't tell me so I decided against it.

After a little more catching up, it was nearly time for her part of soundcheck. Sarah had come out to inform us that the fans were about to be let into the venue. I met Niall backstage while Julia warmed up. 

We decided to chill on the side of the stage and watch Julia perform, because who wouldn't want to hear her and her angelic voice?

After singing "Issues" and "I Miss You", she had one song left for soundcheck. For the last show in Ireland, she had performed another artist's song that she had helped during the writing process so we were excited to see what she was going to choose for tonight.