s e v e n t e e n

NIALL'S POV

"I just have to find someone who appreciates me for me"

Gabi's words rung in the back of my head, making me feel sicker by the second. 

At Thanksgiving, she told me she appreciated me for me and I told her the same thing as well.  I just seem like a complete asshole now for what I did. My words probably mean nothing to her anymore.

I couldn't believe how much I fûcked up. I'm practically lying to Hailee and hurting Gabi in the process. All because I'm so worried about the damn paparazzi and backlash. I don't want to worry about those things, but I just can't help it.

I shook out my thoughts, hoping that I'll be able to relax for our dinner at Nobu.

After slipping on my denim jacket that hung on a coat rack near the front door, I called out to the others, "Ya gents ready?"

"Gents?" Gabi rose an eyebrow as she entered, dressed in a short black long sleeve dress that clung to her skin along with tan thigh high boots, making her look unbelievably sexy. I didn't get it. She looked absolutely stunning all dressed up now, but I thought that she looked equally as lovely this morning with her hair in a pony tail and no make up on while dressed in leggings and a sweatshirt. How the hell did she do it?

"S-sorry" I stuttered, still captivated by her beauty, "Lady and gents"

"Better" She smiled.

The bunch of us then proceeded to pile into Gerry's minivan. We were all piling in when we realized that someone would have to sit on someone's lap because there wasn't enough room.

"Gab, you're the smallest" Foley pointed out from the passenger's seat.

"I'll sit on someone's lap, I don't mind" Gabi shrugged.

John, my bassist, patted his thigh, "Pop a squat, love"

Without hesitation, Gabi shuffled up and onto his lap and John instinctively wrapped his arms around her waist.

I couldn't help it as anger coursed throughout my body. What the fûck does he think he's doing with my Gabi?

"Alrighty, we're all good!" Gabi cheered. With that, Gerry put the car into drive and started the Google Maps directions to Nobu.

Gabi, Foley, and the lads were all sparking up a fun conversation about--I don't even know. All I know is that there was laughing and that I couldn't help but eye Gabi on John's lap. Maybe the offer was meaningless to John or maybe it was just because he was sitting next to her, but I didn't care. If she were to sit on anyone's lap here it should have been Foley's since he was her best friend. Or mine.

"Niall, you all good?" Gabi asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, uh, yeah" I said quickly, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You've been staring at John for like five minutes. If I didn't know ya, I'd be thinking that you'd wanna be the one on his lap" Gabi giggled.

"You can have me on the way home" John winked me, making everyone else laugh. I glared at him before directing my gaze out the window.

Soon enough we arrived at Nobu and I could not be more happy. Not because I was hungry, but because Gabi could finally get the hell off of John's lap.

I'm good friends with the owner of Nobu, so we were able to park in the back and enter through the back in order to avoid paparazzi. And since many celebrities ate here, the owner was sure to create a paparazzi free zone on the inside. I also made the effort to reserve us a private room to avoid any pictures of me and Gabi that people may try to sneak.